Chapter 32: The Idea

"Please open your books to chapter three and read to chapter six. There will be no need to talk." Umbridge says. "I've already read those chapters as a matter of fact I've already read the whole book and I must say I disagree with Slinkhard. I think that jinxes can be quite useful in defensive situation," Hermione said firmly.

"Is that so? Well, it is not your place disagree with Ministry-approved texts. Detention, Miss Granger," said Umbridge coolly. Her mouth spread in a wide, toady smile as she glared at Harry, daring him to argue.

"That's not fair," Harry said furiously. He stood to glare at his teacher. "You can't punish her for expressing her opinion! You asked a question and she answered it!"

Ron grabbed his wrist and forced him to sit back down, and Hermione groaned and shushed him. The damage was done, though.

"Then you both can enjoy a week of detentions, starting tonight," Umbridge announced sleekly. I curse her under my breath sitting back in my chair drifting off to sleep when I hear a bang lifting my head up. "I was asleep!" I say and see Umbridge in front of me.  "Why aren't you reading the text assigned Ms. Malfoy?" She asks and I smile. "If it is assigned why aren't you reading it to? Is it because you don't believe this bloody bull either?" I ask and smile which makes Harry laugh. "Detention Ms. Malfoy. One week" She says. "I'm so scared!" I mumble and Harry looks over at me an eyebrow raised and winking which makes me smile.
————————————————
Gryffindor Common Room
1 week later
"That foul evil little gargoyle we're never going to learn how to protect ourselves with her teaching us." Hermione says. "Harry could do it!" I say and he looks up. "That's not such a bad idea mate!" Ron tells him. "We'd have to convince people and keep it a secret. "He says. "I'm fine with that." Hermione and I say in unison laughing. "Let's do it." He says.