Identity

Prompt 12 - Strong for #SePTXCC17

Having super strength due to alien ancestry was awesome when you wanted to save lives, prevent wars, and stop crime.

Having super strength due to alien ancestry was not awesome when you wanted to seduce a Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist with a knack for uncovering secrets.

If Scott wanted to keep his identity as Superman a secret, he had to stay away from Mitch Grassi.

But he was so pretty and fascinating. For a long time, Scott had just followed Mitch's work and admired his ability to weasel out the truth from afar. He never attempted to make contact but meeting him in person, seeing that wide and gorgeous smile in person, compelled him to try to get closer. He left his job at The Daily Star and accepted a position at The Daily Planet just to see that smile regularly.

But perhaps that was a mistake because from a distance he could at least convince himself that it wasn't worth the risk. Now that he had gotten to know Mitch, to understand what hid behind the elegant and fashionable facade, he was even more enamored.

"You should just ask him out." An unwelcome voice interrupted his thoughts and he turned to look at Kirstie in disbelief, "What? I'm getting tired of you sighing after him every day. He's not gonna bite... well, unless you want him to."

Scott flushed and glared at her, "Stop it. I'm not even in his league."

Kirstie arched a brow in disbelief and looked at him from head to toe, "Scotty," she began slowly, "Are you blind and didn't tell me?" She waved her hand over his face, "Do you have the wrong prescription on your glasses?"

Scott pulled his head back quickly when she reached to remove his glasses. They were an essential part of his disguise!

"I'm just a geeky guy, he's..." Scott sighed, "He's so pretty and charming and beautiful and me-"

"Ugh, stop." Kirstie interrupted him, "I get it, he's the queen to your unworthy peasant." She rolled her eyes and kicked his shin lightly with her heeled shoe, "Mitch really sweet, he just looks intimidating on the outside. You can do it," Before he could open his mouth to protest, she raised a finger and interrupted him, "Repeat after me, 'Hi Mitch, will you go out with me this Saturday?'"

Scott rolled his eyes before dutifully followed her instructions, "Hi Mitch, will you go out with me this Saturday?"

"Um..."

Scott froze and turned around, staring at the familiar pretty face with wide eyes. "Umm, I-" His breath caught when Mitch's surprised expression faded away and his eyes softened with his gentle smile.

"Yes, sure."

Scott blinked stupidly at him, "Wait... really?"

Mitch visibly bit back an amused smile, "Yes, really. That is if the offer is still on the table."

Scott stood up hurriedly, scrambling to assure Mitch, "Yes, of course!" He couldn't believe Mitch said yes! Mitch Grassi of all people agreed-

There was a loud metallic creaking sound.

Scott felt himself become pale as he turned to look to his right, groaning internally at the massive dent on the solid metal desk just under his palm. He pulled his hand back hurriedly, "Wow," He murmured, "That's a weak ass desk." He said, trying to smile at the beautiful man before him.

Mitch's eyes flickered from the dented desk to his arms and shoulders, and then to his face. He tilted his head to the side and Scott swallowed, nervous to be under the scrutiny of that sharp gaze.

Some sort of recognition flickered across Mitch's face and his lips curled into an intrigued smile, "Yes, Saturday."

Scott froze.

... Oh God, he was fucked.

Imagine Scott in the tight fitting Superman costume. You're welcome.