A good day

Part 27 - Bicycle for #SePTXCC17

Mitch remembered being anxious about it. He remembered slipping out of their bed when he was certain Scott was sleep and pacing on the patio. He remembered the feeling trapped, stifled by the decision. It wasn't like Scott had forced it on him, not really.

But Scott's happiness mattered more than his anxiety and his lover had waited long enough.

So Mitch agreed and tried his best to keep his anxiety under wraps. He knew he wasn't entirely successful because sometimes Scott would pull him back into his arms before Mitch had the chance to get out of bed. He remembered those nights of Scott murmuring reassuring words in his ear, but they didn't really help.

Nothing helped until he took the leap.

Looking back at the time made him want to shake his head. He was thankful he didn't let his fears overcome his conviction. Back then, he didn't think he wanted this. He only had Scott's happiness in mind. Back then, he didn't think he was ready or even worthy.

Looking at the scene before him, he knew otherwise.

He felt his lips curl into a smile as he saw his husband carefully pull his hand away from the bicycle seat, letting it move ahead. He watched precious little sock-clad feet paddle away diligently, pretty green eyes focused the destination.

Austin stood a little distance away, his arms spread in welcome, ready for fierce little hugs from his niece in all but name.

If he had given into his anxiety then, he wouldn't have had this now. He wouldn't trade his precious little family for the world.

So he leaned back and watched Scott teach their daughter how to ride a bike, sharing a few hilarious IG stories with the fans. They adored papa Scott almost as much as Mitch did.

And they practically worshipped their little Isobel.

"Aye!" Mitch called out as Isobel sensed Scott's absence and turned around instead of focusing on the road, "Scotty!"

"I got it, honey," Scott replied, crossing the distance just in time to snatch up their daughter before the bicycle became unstable and crashed to the ground. "Always keep your eyes on the road sweetheart," Scott said, laughter deepening his voice, as he rubbed her back gently.

Mitch walked over to them, greeting Austin with a kiss on his cheek before plucking his daughter from Scott's arms, "Ok, enough bicycling today, mommy can't take it."

"I'm surprised you even allowed it for so long." Austin said, leaning forward to poke Isobel's nose with an affectionate smile, "And how is little Miss. Grassi-Hoying today?"

"Uncle Austin!" Surprising absolutely no one, Isobel reached for Austin, demanding to be held. Mitch chuckled, handing his kid over. Austin, Kelly, Jordan, and Luke made it their business to spoil Mitch's daughter as often as they could. Austin was constantly buying gifts and pretty little dresses. Kelly spent hours reading to Isobel in her smooth, melodic voice. Jordan was always ready for a tea-time dates and sleepovers.

He had the best pictures of his daughter and Scotty because of Luke.

And that was just his side of the circle. Mitch didn't even want to think of Scotty's friends because they took it to another level.

He chuckled when Isobel pointed at something and demanded Austin take her there. His best friend didn't even think to deny, walking off towards the other end of the park.

"Her obsession with Austin proves she's your daughter through and through." Scott murmured against his ear, slipping his arms around him, "And her utter failure at bicycling does as well."

Mitch rolled his eyes, "She just started learning! Give her time!"

Scott scoffed, "Yes, she just started learning; two months ago."

Mitch slapped Scott's arm even as he leaned back against his firm, warm body. "She has your ambition so she'll most likely succeed, even if it takes some time."

Scott groaned, "I hate it when you reply to my teasing with sappy compliments, I feel like I'm an evil person."

Mitch smirked, "Why do you think I do it?"

There was a pause before he felt teeth sinking into his shoulder in reprimand, "Ass."

Mitch titled his head back, letting Scott kiss the skin as he watched his best friend and his daughter goof around.

It was a good day.