Double-edged

Part 28 - Inspiration for #SePTXCC17

AN: Somewhat dark, TW for stalking and harassment (Scott or Mitch aren't the culprits) Sorry for being late but I'm completing the challenge. This one is a little long but I never promised to stick to the word count anyways :)

"You inspire me every day." Mitch's lips twitched into a smile when he read that, "Everything from that way you dress to the way you speak inspires me. You don't know what kind of impact you have had on my life, Mitch. I'm working on finding the courage to come out to my family, to be myself. Until I can be as true to myself as you are to yourself, I'll continue drawing inspiration from you. I love you."

"Aww" Mitch whispered to himself.

"I'll die for you."

He winced, always feeling a pang of discomfort when his fans said such things. He ignored the last sentence and focused on the rest of the letter. He thought about tweeting something inspirational, but he couldn't really think of anything. He was too exhausted and right now he just wa-

"Lift your hands, Mitchy." Mitch looked up and hissed when he noticed bone-deep tiredness written on Scott's face. He immediately lifted his hands up so Scott could stretch out on the couch and place his head on Mitch's lap.

"Baby, you look so tired," He murmured, leaning forward to press a kiss to Scott's forehead. His lover had dark bags under his eyes and his expression was dull. Mitch gently combed his fingers through Scott's hair until he relaxed and turned around to bury his face in Mitch's stomach, ready to shut out the world.

Mitch stayed in place even after Scott had drifted off to sleep, absently petting his lover's head as he browsed through his IG feed.

He didn't want anyone to disturb Scott.

---

"Did you read my letter? Do you even read fan letters? I like to think you do, you're too kind to just throw them away." Mitch frowned at the DM, "I told you how you inspired me, how you keep me going and give me courage. I love you. I know you'll never read this but I just wanna say it."

Mitch shook his head, shrugging off a pang of discomfort as he replied, "Stay strong, <3"

"Hey time for soundcheck, babe." Mitch glanced over his shoulder and smiled at Scott, tucking his phone back in the pocket.

"Coming."

---

"I see you switched from cold brew to soy latte again. I did too, it's a nice change."

---

"I love you, but you need to stay away from that fucker. He's getting you into all kinds of bad things. Don't think I didn't see you smoke from that blunt."

---

"Another fur coat? You're a kind and sweet person, don't give into the temptation that plagues the industry. Don't be so obsessed with money. You're an inspiration to millions of fans, you need to set a better example."

---

"You were all over him at the club, I saw his hands on your ass. Why the fuck do you keep going back to him? I almost thought you and Scott were developing a healthy distance, that you weren't so dependant on him anymore. How long are you gonna hide behind him?"

---

"Congrats on the Grammy win. See? Change isn't bad. Creating a group separate from PTX got you more mainstream success. A solo career will take you even higher."