Chapter 4

It was later in the afternoon. I was about to leave my apartment to go to our meeting, when I saw Avi's beanie on the floor. It had been laying there since last night. I picked it up. It smells like him. I thought. I put it on and looked into the mirror on my wall. It actually looks pretty good on me. Not as good as it does on Avi, though. I left it on my head, took my keys and walked out. I got into my car and drove to the meeting. I parked in front of the building, took a deep breath and walked inside. The others were already there. They were talking and laughing about something. I knew exactly what it was. You can do this. I told myself. I walked to them and the first person, who say me was Avi. The others were facing me with their backs. He gave me a smile. The others saw it and turned around.

“There you are. We were just talking about you!”, Mitch said.

“Never would have guessed that...”, I said sarcastic.

“Nice beanie!”, Scott pointed at my head. “Were did you get it?” He seemed to be actually interested.

“My flour...”, I said and smiled at Avi. He laughed quietly.

“Um... okay...”, Scott seemed to be confused.

“Make it a short story, okay?”, I said. I was grumpy. I really wanted to go home again.

“What?”, Kevin asked me, clearly confused. I looked at Avi, he shook his head. Mitch hasn't told them. I looked at Mitch. His face told me that he knew what I was thinking.

“I thought, you two should tell them yourselves...”, he whispered into my ear. I could hear a small laughter in his voice.

I looked at Avi again. My face was screaming 'Help me!'.

“What is going on here?”, Scott laughed, but he looked slightly worried.

Avi and I were just staring at each other, we both didn't want to say anything.

“Come on. Tell them..”, Mitch was enjoying this. It was fun for him.

I walked over to Avi and stood beside him.

“Well...um... Avi and I... um... we...”, I looked up to Avi's face. “We...”, I couldn't say it.

“They had sex! Last night.”, Mitch almost shouted. I gave him my 'Are-you-serious'-face.

“Well, thank you Mitch...”, I hissed.

Scott and Kevin were staring at us, shocked. I looked down, I felt my cheeks blushing. Avi wrapped his arm around my waist. I looked up again. The expression in the men's faces had changed from shocked to excited.

“Oh my goooosh!”, Scott came to us and hugged us both at the same time. Kind of like a group hug. “LOOOOOVE!”, he laughed. Why is everyone so excited about this? I feel like I've missed something for a really long time!

“Ohookaay”, Avi said, he seemed to be a little uncomfortable.

“Wait... if this wasn't the reason you talked about me... what was it?”, I felt how Scott flexed his muscles a little. He let us go.

“Kirstie, look...”, Avi started. “Scott told us about what happened two days ago...”

What happened two days ago? ...oh no. I cried because I was alone and stuff.

“Oh...”, I blushed and looked over to Scott. He looked at me like he wanted to say that he is sorry.

“We all saw, that you weren't happy and we were worried...”, Avi continued.

“I'm fine. It's nothing.”, I didn't know what to say.

“If you ever feel bad you can tell us.”, Avi said and pulled me in for a hug.

“Thank you”, I said with tears in my eyes. I didn't even know why... it just happened. He pulled away and looked into my whet eyes. A tear rolled down my cheek. He wiped it away with his thumb. He came closer and our lips touched. I closed my eyes and another tear rolled over my cheek. It was a sweet, innocent kiss. He pulled away. For me personally, this kiss was too short, but I know why Avi pulled away. The others were staring at us. Avi's hand went up my face to the top of my head. He pulled his beanie off of my head.

“May I take this back?”, he asked with a big smile on his face. I didn't answer. I didn't need to. He already put it on his head.

“That's better...”, he said and laughed.

“Hey you little lovebugs, we have work to do.”, Mitch interrupted us.

“Sooooo, I guess that's it... Or does anyone have something else?”, Scott asked. We have been sitting, talking and planning for about 5 hours. Nobody had something else to talk about so we all shook our heads.

“Okay. Well in that case...”, he stood up “I will go home now!” It was 10 pm. And we were all tired. Scott waved and took Mitch with him, who has been zipping on coffee for the last 2 hours. Coffee doesn't work on Mitch anymore, because he drinks it like all the time and in every free second.

“Yap me too! Avi?”, Kevin said. Kevin and Avi are roommates and they came together so of course they were going to drive home together.

“Yes!”, Avi replied. He stood up and so did I. “I will see you tomorrow night. I'll pick you up at 8.”, he said quietly and gave me a short little kiss.

They walked away and I was all on my own. I went to my car and thought about where he will take me. Why doesn't he just tell me. It would be so much easier for me. Now I really don't now what to wear. I hate surprises. Okay, I will figure that out tomorrow. I drove home and walked straight into my bathroom, removed my make up and brushed my teeth. I put on some PJ's and went to bed. I was really tired. All that happened today exhausted me. How Mitch found out about Avi and me and how we had to tell the others and then this 5-hour-long meeting... I fell asleep immediately.

A/N: Heeeeeeeeeey. We made it to over 100 reads! That might sound like it's not much, BUT I am on cloud 9! Thank you so much! So... yay that was chapter 4 of the story... um yea... (Happy Birthday Queen!)

Love you guys! -Anna