Chapter 17

I went to the front lounge, where the others were sitting. Scott and Mitch were sitting next to each other, they were laughing and talking and stalking twitter. Kevin was sitting on the other side, also on his phone. I sat down next to him. I didn't say anything, I was thinking about how to fix this.

“Night guys...”, Mitch and Scott said and went to their bunks. I'm glad they didn't feel like they had to cheer me up or help me with this. They knew that I didn't want to talk. And I couldn't talk anyways... I would break out in tears.

So it was Kevin and me now. He was still on his phone, texting and I couldn't sleep.

“Hey Kevin?”, I managed to say.

“Hm?”, he answered.

“Who are you texting?”, I smiled.

“Star...”, he smiled at his phone.

“Good luck with her! Not that you need it!”, I smiled. “I'll go to my bunk...”

“Sleep well...”, he smiled at me. I turned around and made my way to my bunk.

“Kirstie?”, Kevin asked. I looked at him. “It'll be fine..”, he said. I nodded and went to my bunk. I rolled into a ball and cried quietly. But it got worse. Soon I was sobbing really bad.

Strong arm wrapped around me and picked me up. They carried to the back lounge and placed me on his lap. I was still rolled up into a ball.

“Hey...”, Avi whispered, stroking my hair. “Shhhh...”, he pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around me tight. “I can't hear you cry... it breaks my heart...”

“I-I'm... so s-sorry-y!”, I sobbed into his chest.

“It's ok...”, he kissed my head.

“No... you were r-right. And I definitely didn't me-ean it...”, I started crying harder again.

“Kirstie... don't cry... I can understand you. It's probably not that easy to see me doing this stuff. But believe me.. it doesn't mean a thing...”, he said.

“I-I know. I tru-ust you!”, I looked up at him. He was struggling. He had tears in his eyes. One slowly rolled down his cheek. I wiped it away with my thumb.

“I can't see you cry... It makes me so sad...”, he whispered, barely audible. I leaned up and kissed him.

“I love you”, I said, looking into his eyes.

“I love you”, he said and I buried my face in his chest again. I felt so tired. I slowly calmed down and his steady breathing and him stroking my hair made me drift into sleep.

Next morning I woke up in Avi's arms. We were still cuddling in the back lounge.

“Good morning...”, Avi whispered.

“Good morning...”, I answered.

“Kirstie, can I ask you something?”, he asked.

“Sure...”

“What did you dream?”, he asked.

“Um... I don't know... I don't remember. Why?”, I answered.

“You were sleeping so fitfully... but what about that time you shot up out of sleep?”, he said.

“Oh that time I dreamed we had an accident...”

“Is that why you asked Jenevieve to stop?”, I nodded.

“Oh... because I was thinking. It maybe has something to do with Jeremy?”, he asked me.

“No...”, at first I did dream a lot about Jeremy, but not anymore and even if I did I didn't remember. After that Avi didn't say anything. I closed my eyes and snuggled up to him again.

“Why did you break up, Kirstie? You never told me...”

“Do you really want to talk about my ex right now?”, I asked into his chest. He didn't answer.

“You know...”, I started. “Jeremy always treated me so well, but... I found out the he cheated. I confronted him with that one night. The only mistake I made was to talk to him about this while he was drunk. He freaked out. Called me things no woman wants to be called. And... um... and he hit me... But don't freak out, he was drunk and raging and it was the only time he did...” I don't even knew why I was defending him.

“Kirstie!?!?! He hit you?!”, he exclaimed.

“Yes, but...”

“No! No but... how could he? I don't care if he was drunk. I would NEVER hit you!”, he hugged me tight.

“I know, Avi.”, I said “Why did I try to suppress my feelings for you at The Sing Off? Everything could have been amazing... with you!”

“You felt for me at The Sing Off?”, he asked.

“Yes, since the beginning...”, I confirmed.

“I did too. I just didn't want to risk anything. Until the night after the video shoot. Everything was perfect and I was like 'SCREW IT!'”, he said.

I giggled and leaned in to kiss him, but we were interrupted by Scott.

“HE HIT YOU?!”

A/N: Heey queeens! Here it is! The new chapter! Whoooo. Um yeah... Stay adorable! <3

Love you guys! -Anna