22- First World Problems

[Busted - Year 3000]
[Selena Gomez - Bad Liar]
[One Direction - Night Changes]
[One Direction - Fools Gold]

The day had been slow. Lectures seemed to go on for three hours instead of just one. And as Callies get together got closer, I became more and more nervous as time passed.

Honestly, I wasn't very good at making friends. I lucked out during the first week meeting Matty. Even though we weren't on the best of terms, I had to admit, if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have any friends.

As I walked back to Lips dorm, Callie texted me verifying that I was still on for tonight and I informed her that it would just be me and Lip could not make it.

When I entered Lips dorm he was filing things into a plain black backpack.

"Why do you have so many lectures all of a sudden?" I asked as I placed my bag on his bed.

He turned to me and a smile played on his lips.

"Because I've started going to them" he smirked.

I sat on the bed and unlaced my sneakers. Lip looked so concentrated as he packed his bag. I watched him check and double check he had the right stuff.

Once he was finished, he slung the bag over his shoulder.

"What time does your thing start tonight?" Lip asked.

"Seven" I replied checking my phone. It was now three so I had approximately four hours to get ready. That's enough, right?

"Cool, I've got a lecture then I'm going to see a friend after so I probably won't be here when you leave"

"That's okay" I reassured him, "if you lend me a key, I'll lock up and put it somewhere"

He took something out his bag before saying, "well actually, I got you a present"

Lip handed me a glossy black box. I looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed. Wasn't it a little early in our relationship to start buying each other gifts? And if he's brought me one does that mean I have to buy him one?

"What's this for?" I questioned.

"Just open it" he simply replied.

Inside the box was a simple silver hoop with a key and a keychain shaped like a heart.

"It's for this dorm, let's be honest you practically live here anyway"

"I love it" I said, holding it to my chest. It was a simple gift but it meant a lot to me. As I'm not staying at my dorm, I felt as if I was only staying here temporarily but now I feel like Lip and I share something.

He leaned down and kissed me on the cheek and I couldn't help but blush at his affection, "I'll see you later" he said, "and want to talk about spring break sometime soon" he added before leaving the dorm.

Spring break was a few weeks away. I hadn't thought about it because I was focusing more on the midterms a week before. However, here had been talk between Matty, Amie and I to go away somewhere but I assumed that that was cancelled.

They would probably still go without me. I'll just watch their snapchat stories of them drinking every night and sleeping with foreign guys.

I pushed the thought to the back of my mind and started to think of more important things like what I was going to wear tonight.

Lips dorm, thankfully, had an ensuite. I didn't know if I was in the mood to tackle the co-ed bathrooms right now.

However, I was dealt with another dilemma, I didn't have any clothes. They were all at my old dorm. I would have to go over and collect some clothes.