37- Really? Littering?

[Louis Tomlinson - Just Like You]
[Shawn Mendes - Bad Reputation]
[Céliene Dion - Ashes]

**Luna's POV**

Adjusting the strap on my shoulder, I made my way back to Callie's apartment. We were viewing a much cheaper place to live. I was excited, I wanted to call something home.

In my dorm with Matty, I always used to feel strange and awkward, like I didn't really belong, and with Lip, although he gave me a key, it never really felt like my place.

I was so into my own head, I didn't realise I was closing in on Lip's dorm, it was only until a few feet away, I saw the familiar head of curls further in front.

Quickly, I stopped dead in my tracks and took a step to the right so I was covered by a hedge on the edge of campus.

Lip looked rough, I had to admit. He wore a pair of black skinny jeans and a white shirt with a god knows what stain on.

I watched him closely, without trying to be too stalker-y. He seemed different, he was stumbling a little and he held a can his hand.

He was drunk. Seriously?

I mean, I knew Lip drank. It was no shock but it's only three-thirty. Surely drinking at this hour is a little.

I had to stop myself from running over to him and taking his hand. However, I just wasn't ready to see him yet. I know I should give him the chance to explain but once I see him, I see Matty on top of him and then my heart breaks all over again.

So that's where I stayed, behind my trusted bush.

He took the can and brought it to his lips, drinking it dry in almost a couple of seconds and then threw it onto the shrubbery at the edge of the campus. Oh Lip. Really? Littering? I shook my head at him.

Making me jump, my phone began to ring. It was Callie. She had texted me a few times and I hadn't replied, probably just checking where I was.

I quickly hit the decline button and checked that Lip didn't see me.

It wasn't just that I didn't want to see him but if he knew that I had been watching him, that's surely a creepy thing and I wasn't a creepy person. I promise. Well, not always, now was an exception

Lip quickly looked around, his eyes lingering on the bush I was hiding behind. However, he soon shook it off and lit a cigarette before walking away.

I let out a sigh of relief but something in me felt sad like I wanted him to catch me. Maybe I did.

This was not something I can be dealing with now, however. I blocked the thought from my mind and, once the coast was clear, began to walk to Callie's once again.

**Lip's POV**

I rubbed my eyes. The sun was bright for spring, even brighter when you've drank a case of beers just this morning.

Yes, it was a little early to drink and it was slightly out of character but it helps me to stop feeling like such a fuck up.

Okay, maybe I didn't take the break up with Luna so well. I missed her a lot and I really thought we had something special.

I didn't want to be all cheesy and shit but we had so much potential and the relationship had only really began.

The beer can in my hand felt like it belong and the lukewarm beer warmed my throat and stomach, finishing the whole thing.

Once I was done, I threw the can aside, not really caring where it went. I had lost the will to do anything, even walk like five steps to the trash can.

Just then, I heard a phone ring. There weren't many people around, none of which had a ringtone that sounded so familiar.

My eyes grazed every part of the campus in front of me, focusing on a bush slightly to the edge of campus where the tone seemed to be coming from.

I almost went over there. It wouldn't have taken long to quickly check behind and then keep going.

Although, something told me not to. A strange gut feeling.

I shook my head, ridding myself from the strange feeling like I was being watched and placed a cigarette in my mouth.

Whatever was there that spooked me surely would have gone by now.

~~~~~~~~~~
New chapter! It's a bit boring I know but I hope you don't mind.

Make sure to vote and comment. It's great to know that you're liking the story!