Chapter 1

"Come on Kate you can't stay glued to that computer all night!" Erin whined

"Yes, yes I can can't you guys just let me finish filling my exchange student application in peace?"

"Can't you just be a part of this sleepover like a normal teenager! We MUST start our Harry Potter marathon soon, your killing me here!" Sarah complained

"Set it up I'll be down in a minute"

"Oh no you don't, remember what happened last time, we left you here for 2 minutes and you were practically stalking Cody!" Danielle complained pulling me up from my computer chair

"That was over a year ago!" I said in my own defense

"Come on all 4 of us are here can't you at least give it a break?" Mariah added in

"Fine!" I said as I reluctantly saved my work and gave my full attention to best friends. I was so close to finishing this application when they had to drag me away from my computer. Argh!

I know I ask them all to come over and they did so I'm up! They've been here for me since my very first day here on the Gold Coast, Australia 2 years ago. They've been there for me thick and thin especially when Cody wasn't there for me. Yup you guess right Cody Robert Simpson, my boyfriend or he was until I got him famous and it all went to that big head of his. Argh! He makes my blood boil so much!

'I'll always remember you Kate' He said

Yeah freaking right!

Let me give you a little summary of what has happened over the past 2 years.

After publishing my boyfrien - no EX boyfriends talent show performance on youtube he suddenly became the next Justin Bieber, moving to America oh and not bothering to tell his 'girlfriend' the time he fly's out because he doesn't want to see her cry, leaving her a charm bracelet and a note which by the way I still haven't opened. Jake basically did the same thing to Danielle as well. He broke the relationship up so he could get into modeling for girlfriend. At least I had a buddy to cry and bitch about our 'boyfriends' right?

Anyways school you ask? Well Taylah my 'enemy' used to go out with Cody and she has been making my life hell to the best of her abilities ever since. Then one day the school was doing a scholarship program with a really expensive private high school in Canada, which I entered in as well thinking maybe I could see Cody again by travelling to America in the school holidays. But NO I didn't win did I? Taylah did.

So that leaves Taylah out of the picture and this is where we get to Jess, one of my friends who last year moved schools because her dad got a job promotion, yeah I know what that feels like. So that just leaves me with Erin, who practically lives next door to me, Sarah my friend who I've known since I was in Hawaii, Mariah who used to be Taylah's friend but who came back to our group because Taylah was being a bitch to her and Danielle who is as loyal as anyone of these girls.

Oh yeah and did I mention my dad USED to work in a big chain of hotels which caused us to move from Hawaii to Australia and anywhere else around the world but who has now been demoted, so that leaves moving to America to work there out of the question for a long time doesn't it. Hence why I want this exchange student experience. NOT and I repeat NOT in hope of seeing Cody again. God no I don't want anything to do with him anymore but for the experience, I've always wanted to go to America you know?

"Kate!" Danielle said as she urged me down stairs

"Yeah! Yeah! I'm coming" I said following her downstairs