Chapter 8

“You girls ready to go?” Nat yelled from the kitchen

“Nearly!” Ruby and I both yelled in unison as we fixed up our uniforms. 

Its now Thursday, day 2 since I’ve landed and I am loving it! Yesterday was quite a chill day at home, Nat rented chick flicks and we all gathered around the T.V in Pj’s all day and pigged out on junk food. It was actually quite fun.

Today was the first day back at term and I couldn’t wait to go to school. Wow isn’t that a change! I was wearing a royal blue plaid skirt that stopped mid thigh, my socks were pulled up and I wore my old school shoes. Since its actually quite hot here at the moment all we wear is a white buttoned up t-shirt with the school crest on the pocket in the top right hand corner.

“Ok you ready?” Ruby asked picking up her bag next to the door.

I quickly pulled my iPhone off charge “Yup” I replied. I’m actually surprised at how close we’ve all become in like 2 days! Their so sweet and make their home feel so welcoming. 

“Bye Cody!” Ruby said as she left her room and I just rolled my eyes and ushered her out the door. Those Cody posters were becoming really creepy, they reminded me a lot of memories with Cody that I tried so hard all those years ago to forget.

- - Earlier that night (12:34am) - - - 

I tossed and turned as I had a dream about how Cody left me that bracelet and note. I wondered what it was about and dared not to open it. I forced my self awake. I was shaking and sweating and shaking a bit too. I sat up and tried to calm myself down and saw they Cody cut out just standing there and I legit thought it was him.

“ARGHHHHH!!!!” I screamed. Ruby then woke up and turned on her lamp.

“Whats wrong?” She asked with concern written all over her face

“N-nothing” I stammered trying to calm my shakes down.

“You sure?” She asked

“Yeah” I said as I stood up and put the cut out in the closet.

“Oh...Sorry” She giggled

“Its fine lets just go back to bed” I replied slowly as I tried drifting off to sleep again. But for some reason I couldn’t. I got back up and got my lavender spray out of my suitcase which I always took to sleepovers and stuff just incase things like this happened. Thats when I saw it. That envelope and that box. ARGH! WHY MUM?! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO PACK IT?! I grabbed the envelope and box and tried to find a place where no one could find it. I settled on shoving it under my bed planks that were keeping my mattress off the ground. I wonder if anyone would find it there. Nah probably not.

“Ok Kate after school catch the bus home with Ruby to the mall, I’ll meet you there so we can get you some more clothes, seriously girl you’ve managed to fit a years worth of stuff into 2 bags! -” Nat started to say as I sat in the car snapping out of my faze. I hope no one would find it. I didn’t want to have to explain it to Ruby or Nat, it would just create more tears and bring back the memories that I just want to forget about.