Chapter 6

“So how does it feel knowing that you and Cody are still going out?” Erin asked mischievously.

“W-what?” stammered, feeling a my cheeks burn with fury as I played with my finger nails.

“Technically you and Cody didn’t break up, I mean you two just completely shut each other out of your lives after he moved and-”

I looked up and saw heaps of ‘Angels’ sending me hate and asking if Cody and I were still going out. Thats when I realised he was watching the twitcam! That’s why their viewers shot up so fast!

I could feel my eyes start to water as I tried my best not to cry. I looked to my other friends and saw them all send death stares at Erin, they were just as gobsmacked as I was.

“I don’t have to talk about this” I said leaving the room a bit too quickly. As I walked out I heard footsteps run behind me.

“Kate!” I heard Erin yell but I just ignored them and ran straight out the front door not caring at all that it was like 10:30pm.

Once outside I ran, to where I wasn’t sure but I just had to get away from everything. As I ran I let my tears flow freely. I felt kinda bad for Danielle’s parents for running out from their house, yet at the same time I couldn’t care less as furry built up inside of me. Why would Erin bring him up? Wasn’t she there when I was crying my heart out to her! Course she was. This was so confusing.

I stopped at a nearby park when my phone vibrated. It was Erin. I just hung up and continued running, letting my thoughts run wild as the cool wind hit my puffy red eyes from crying. 

I heard someone call my name and as I turned around I came face to face with Alex...literally.

“Woah hey!” He said stepping back a bit so we wouldn’t bump heads

“Hey” I mumbled.

“Are you ok, you look like you’ve been crying” He asked with concern.

“Yeah I’m fine” I said wiping my eyes.

“You wanna talk about it?” He asked. I sighed. Could I trust him, I mean I haven’t know him for all that long and I don’t really want to pile it all on him. Maybe talking about it would help. Ah what the heck I’m probably not going to see him again after I move.

“Well...” I sighed as I started to tell him everything starting from Cody to my current point with my friends, not making it out that it was THE ‘Cody Simpson’ of course. Just calling him some guy I used to go out with, and to be honest thats all a part of me wants, to just let him live his fantastic life, yet another wanted more. Love sucks. 

Once I finished talking I felt my cheeks burn with anger, hurt and sadness as my salty tears cooled them down.

“Whata dick” Alex said pulling me into a hug, I just nodded as he stroked my hair. “You deserve a lot better”