Having the Lower Upperhand

Kylo Ren felt the tug of the world around him. He had informed his Knights not to disturb him and yet here was his third... calling for her Master like a disobedient child. He gritted his teeth. Mentally he held his composure because mentally he was still with Rey and she was waiting half a step from his projected form... waiting for him to respond to something he wasn't sure of how to explain. He hoped given time; he could show her... but how to explain it... what they should be, how they should be... together.

"Master..." His third beckoned him for the second time within a matter of short moments, something must be urgent for her to risk this interruption.

"What is it?" He growled out in his frustration.

She all but cowered, lowering her head in blind submission to the man before her. "Please forgive the intrusion... I know you said not to disturb you but..." Her head lowered further when he took one menacing step forward.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He impatiently informed her shaking form. It was unlike his Knights to show such fear, even in respect to him. She nodded and continued when he waived his hand gesturing for her to do so.

"We have what you asked for."

His head lifted, his eyes widening. " The Falcon... you've found it already?" He asked almost bewildered. Even for it's age it was a fast ship, when piloted properly it had a nack for evading and disappearing for long periods of time.

"Yes Master but..."

He pushed past her then not meaning to brush her aside as he did but it happened anyway. The shuttle was already loaded on the landing deck. Why had they waited so long to tell him they had it in their possession? He could be having the currently paused conversation with Rey in his private quarters right now.

Sensing her Masters desires his third called out from behind him again.

"That's just it..."

Ren paused, instantly halting in his tracks. He half turned and the heavy mass of his cap swooshed behind him, wrapping around his torso before fanning back out again. His third watched as though mesmerized. He snapped his gloved fingers bringing her attention back to the present, encouraging the information he needed from her lips.

"Out with it then..." He urged.

"The girl..." His third swallowed, why was she always the one to deliver the bad news?

Kylo Ren had enough. He pulled her to him with the invisible hand of his Force, something he hardly ever did with his Knights.

"...She's not on board!" His second squeaked. His hand opened and she dropped to her feet.

"What do you mean.... She's. Not. On. Board!" He paused between each word, adding extra punctuation behind every one. "She's not on the Island and she didn't just grow wings and..." He stopped just then, realizing what he'd already known all along.

He growled out through his clenched teeth, his arms flexed and his back strained through the display of animalistic frustration. He took a few deep breaths through his now opened mouth and the sound was chilling through the voice modulator of his mask. His head tilted and he took a deep repressed breath through his nose and out through his mouth. He turned back to the shuttle that was presently being cleared out.

He reached out with his mind hoping to find her signature somewhere hidden in the ship but his Knights were right, she wasn't there. Of course they were right, he hadn't trained them to be incompetent. He had the urge to run his hand through his hair but the mask would allow no such comfort so he allowed his anger to radiate through his forearms down into his clenched fists instead.