Missing Blue (Chapter 8)

Holy cow what day is it?! I'm seriously sorry for missing days you guys, I really am. Life is seriously crazy this time of the year. Anyway thanks for reading, please comment, and I hope you enjoy!

-----

Keith returned the Red Lion to its hangar before flying the Black Lion to its own.

The others were there to greet him... except the Red Paladin.

"You're okay!" Allura cheered as Hunk snatched him off his feet in a huge bear hug. They all cheered and congratulated Keith on his escape. Keith couldn't even smile.

"Let's go greet Lance too," Pidge offered. They all nodded and started jogging to the Red Lion's hangar. Keith didn't move.

Allura stopped in the doorway, the others hesitated a few paces ahead of her. "Keith?"

He turned away. He knew the Red Paladin wouldn't be in his Lion.

"Lance is gone." The others could barely hear him.

"What? What are you talking about--?"

"Lance sacrificed his stupid self for me!" Keith screamed. Tears slowly started dripping down his face once more, when he thought he couldn't cry anymore. The other's celebration was shattered at the sight of their leader breaking down.

"What happened?" Allura demanded.

"Lance crashed the Blue Lion into my cell and freed me. I fought Lotor while he kept the other generals at bay, but Lotor grabbed me when I tried to run. Lance shot him back, and I made it to Red before I saw that Zethrid had him. I started to lunge at them, but he ordered Red away. Red deactivated, and the Black Lion came. Lotor's ship fled shortly after you all had shown up."

"We thought you two had chased Lotor off," Hunk explained. "And that the Red Lion had just received a bit more damage."

They had made it to the command deck as Keith explained the tale.

"This is all my fault," Keith muttered. "He's gone, and it's all my fault--"

"It's not your fault, Keith--" Allura countered.

"How did he even find me? Maybe we can use that to find him."

"Highly unlikely," Pidge interjected. "Lance apparently had possibly used your past connection to the Red Lion to allow the Lion to track you down."

"What about Blue then?" Hunk offered.

"I'm nothing like Lance, and his connection to Blue wasn't nearly as strong as Keith's was with the Red Lion," Allura shook her head.

"And Black doesn't have any connection with Lance," Keith added. "I have no connection to him--"

"Well, that's not entirely true," Coran interrupted. All eyes turned to him, glaring at him to shut him up. I only looked between them in confusion.

"Coran, spit it out," I ordered.

"Lance kind of told us about your relationship before he left to find you."

Keith's face soon glowed as red as it had when Lotor had touched him. Keith walked over to the window, staring at all the stars around them. Lance could've been one of the stars across the distance, or at least beyond them at this point... and they were talking about his and Keith's relationship instead of finding him.

"Lance has helped me through a lot of stuff, and I helped him," Keith snapped. "And now he's gone. And even worse: we have no Shiro, or something that thought calmly like he did, to help us think of a way to find Lance."

The command center went quiet with saddened silence.