The Experiment (Chapter 11)

Hey guys! I got so much of this written, I'm back on a roll again! Hope you guys enjoy, please comment, and thanks for reading!

-----

Lance waited patiently in his cell. Lotor's ship had docked with a Galran station shortly before.

Lotor had told Lance that he'd bring back someone who could finalize his decision. Lotor and three of his generals had gone to bring this person back.

The fourth general stayed behind to watch him. Blue and yellow eyes studied Lance coldly, and he couldn't help but squirm slightly under his gaze.

"So, uh..." Lance stammered. He usually had no problems talking, but since he'd fought her before, it was awkward, to say the least.

"You weren't serious, were you?"

"What?"

"About joining us," she explained. "You just lied to Lotor, right?"

Lance only shook his head. "Do you know who he's bringing?"

"Someone you don't want to cross," she growled.

"Oh... well, I'm Lance."

"Acxa."

The sat in silence for a few more minutes before echoes sounded down the metal corridor. Lotor was back.

"Listen carefully, Lance," Acxa ordered. "No matter what she does to you, remember where your true loyalties lie. Remember who you really are, or you'll end up stuck under the Galran rule forever."

Odd... "That's what I want."

"We'll see," she muttered just before the door slid open. Lance was on his feet and pressed against the farthest wall from the door, body rigid at the sight of the newcomer.

"Paladin," she spat.

"Haggar," Lance snapped back with an equally hate-filled tone.

"Lotor, bring him to my lab," the witch ordered before stepping out.

Lotor stepped in as the others left, and gave Lance a peck.

"Is this necessary?" Lance whispered as Lotor jerked him towards the door.

"Just a precaution. Can't have you betray us like you did the Paladins now, can we?"

Lance flinched at his comment, and the two continued on in silence through the maze of uniformly dark corridors. How Lotor knew his way, Lance might never know.

They stopped at a set of doors, and Lance took a step back. There was a table with straps, and many trays with sharp tools.

Lotor forced him down onto the table and helped Acxa strap him in.

"I'm going to enjoy this," Haggar mused with a smirk before launching a blast of magic at the teen.

Lotor looked away from the torturous scene. He hated it, but knew it was necessary to secure his affections for Lance would be permanent.

Lance's screams echoed through the entire ship as Haggar's twisted experiment began.