Blue Comes Home (Chapter 18)

Hey guys! Finally have the last chapter, sorry if it seems kind of rushed, but I hope you enjoy!!

——

They had to strap Lance face down on a table after tearing the remains of his shirt off.

Pidge and Allura went over the schematics of the tech and thought of reprogramming it, kind of like Shiro's arm that was permanent.

Hunk had tried force feeding Lance and taking care of him, but they got no response out of him, and he refused or snapped at anything close enough to him.

Eventually, they had to rest for the night. Shiro mentioned contacting the Blade in the morning to get more input.

Keith wouldn't sleep though, he knew it. So, he opted to sit with Lance and watch him.

He sat on his knees before the snarling Latino. Keith was silent until he knew the others were asleep.

He had seen the real Lance, he knew he was in there. Keith knew he was the only one who could reach him.

"Lance," Keith whispered. "Talk to me. Why did you allow Lotor to have you?"

Nothing but continued growling. Keith thought he saw the yellow eyes flicker slightly, but he could've easily imagined it.

"Lance," Keith begged. "What did I do to hurt you this way?"

"K—Keith..." Lance muttered.

The Black Paladin took the Red Paladin's face in his hand, watching as the yellow eyes flickered on and off.

"I never wanted this to happen to you," Keith continued. "I was so worried, and I'm so sorry you went through all that pain. It should've been me."

Lance continued growling and gasping in pain, two halves of himself fighting for control. Keith was sure to help the real Lance win.

"Please come back to us." Keith pressed his lips gently on the tan forehead. Lance froze, the Galran tech fading on his spine, the yellow dissipating in his eyes.

Lance could've sworn he heard Lotor scream in frustration. His control was broken, his Blue was gone.

Tears welled in both the shimmering blue and violet eyes.

"Lance?"

"Keith," Lance cried. "I'm so sorry. I couldn't control myself! I was so scared!"

Keith threw his arms around the trembling teen, his confidence replaced with pure terror.

"It's okay, it's okay," Keith whispered back as Lance sobbed into the crook of his neck. A few tears trickled down his own pale cheeks.

Their crying disrupted the others, and they all sprinted in in robes and slippers.

"Keith...?"

"Lance is home guys!" Keith told them happily. "Let's get him off the table!"

Pidge and Allura ran a few diagnostics on Lance's spine before agreeing that he was Galra control free.

Lance stumbled off the table and into Keith's arms.

"Good to have you back, Goofball," Keith whispered.

"Thanks, Mullethead."

The others walked up and joined in the two teens' hug, as if it was a big family reunion.

It was, or at least it was to Lance. He had a purpose. He was where he belonged: with Voltron, and with his family.