Bring Him Home (Chapter 16)

Hey guys, I was at another horse show so I missed updating a bit, but here you go! I can't update on my phone still, so I'll probably post many parts tonight. Hope you enjoy and thanks for reading!

-----

Lotor nodded to the generals as he dismissed them, but as Lance turned to go with them, Lotor snatched his arm and jerked him back.

He scowled down at the human, the beautiful human. "What was that I saw with the Black Paladin?"

"I was in love with him before you rescued me, Lotor," Lance explained meekly. "I thought having some fun would frustrate him more. The Black Paladin is the most impatient within the group. I only hurried the process along."

"Indeed," Lotor muttered, keeping his hands on him. "Well done, my Prince. However—"

Lotor pulled Lance to him, latching his lips on the Latino's. It was a few seconds before he allowed Lance to pull away for air. "Remember Blue, you're mine, and mine alone. Do not let the Black Paladin tell you otherwise."

"Yes, Lotor."

"I expect they will return within a few vargas?"

"I can assume so."

"Very well," Lotor nodded and released his Paladin. "Rest up. When the Paladins return, the real battle will begin."

Lance nodded and turned away.

Three or so vargas passed, just as Lotor had predicted. The control panels flashed to life, but they hadn't sensed the Lions until they were almost on top of the ship.

The alarms went off as the ship shuddered from a few blasts, but the cruiser received only minimal damage. Lotor's generals reported to him almost immediately.

"The Paladins are back already?" Acxa demanded.

"Those quiznaking—"

"Easy, Zethrid," Lotor chastised. "We can take them. Why don't you show the Paladins the price of their negligence, My Blue Prince?"

"Of course," Lance smirked. "Those fools need to pay for their insolence."

Lance turned and sprinted out, racing down corridors to intercept them, the generals right behind him.

Except, he was the one that was intercepted.

The moment he approached an intersection, he was tackled into the next hall, two or three bodies holding him down. He looked to the generals, but the Yellow Paladin had adjusted his shield. He expanded it to hold back the generals.

Allura and Pidge held off sentries in the adjourning corridors.

Lance was on his own.

He thrashed and roared, squirming, biting, and punching at anything that he could.

"Lance, stop!" The Black Paladin ordered. Lance glared up at him. "Please."

Keith... He and Shiro were the ones holding Lance down. They looked so worried for him, even more than the time that he was hurt by that explosion. Did he mean more to them than he had thought?

His technology along his spine sparked, and Lance shouted from the pain before returning under Lotor's control.

For a second though, a mere second, Keith had seen the old Lance, the goofball sharpshooter, in pain, scared, and alone when he needed Keith most.

"Do it," Keith ordered. "We're taking him home this time."

Shiro nodded, and held a fist back. "Sorry, Lance." Lance watched as the fish came down, before everything went dark.