Twenty-Two

Miley's p.o.v

"This place is amazing," I said spinning in a complete circle before grabbing onto Jason's hand. He wasted no time before pulling me into his side.

"I'm so glad you are enjoying today." He whispered into my ear. I shivered as his breath traveled down my neck.

I found myself so happy around him and I don't want to ruin what we have right now. I'm scared that something is going to come between this moment and ruin what we have going on. Things are perfect and that scares me.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked pulling me into his arms and wrapping them tightly around my waist.

"Nothing," I smiled before getting on my tiptoes to kiss him.

Our kiss was passionate and explosive and I wanted more. Kissing Jason was amazing and magical. Even though it is cliché...I do picture fireworks going off when we kiss. But more than that I feel something flutter in my heart. It's not just my stomach that gets the tingles...it's my heart too. I have never felt this way about anyone. And all I know is that I would do anything and be anything for Jason.

"We should probably cool it a little so we don't do anything stupid in public," Jason said before giving me a swift kiss on my cheek.

Even though he is right, I didn't want it to end. I couldn't get enough of him.

"Let's get some food," Jason said after we put my bags into the car.

"Alright," I smiled grabbing his hand again.

"How about we check out the one street vendor that we passed earlier?" Jason asked after we started walking.

"I would love that." I smiled before kissing him on the cheek.

We didn't speak much but we didn't need to. We basically walked in sync and we wanted the same things and we did the same things. It was like words were nice and sometimes we spoke but we didn't need to. We were both clearly happy and the PDA was on full display.

After we arrived at the vendor we sat outside and Jason went to order his food. He came back with a smile on his face and placed a quick kiss on my forehead.

"I bet their food is the best." I smiled and looked straight at Jason who still had a big ass smile on his face.

"I have a few doubts about that." He chuckled.

"Excuse me, Miss." A woman about my age asked with a strong Italian accent.

"Yes?" I smiled at her.

"A man asked me to give you this." She spoke sharply as she handed me an envelope. She seemed really sweet but I feared 

"Thank you," I whispered as she walked away.

I didn't bother to look at Jason as I quickly pulled out the folded paper. Unfolding it I quickly read it. My heart began to race faster and faster.

It doesn't matter where you go, I will always find you.

-X

"No," I said dropping the paper in front of me.

Jason wasted no time before grabbing the paper and reading it. He quickly stood to his feet and looked around at the shops and people who surrounding the street.

Jason grabbed me and pulled me into his side as he started walking away careful watching every move the people around us made.

Before I had the chance to even think things through two men in black hoodies started running towards us. Jason quickly yanked my arm as he ran the opposite direction. I ran alongside him as fast as I could.

"Jason, what are we going to do?" I asked as I grew out of breath.

"Run," He said sternly and I decided it was better not to say anything else to him until this is over.

The guys who were chasing us were fast and I didn't know how much longer I could run.

"This way!" Jason screamed pulling me towards some stairs that lead to who knows where. I felt fear start to ripple through my body.

"Come on!" Jason screamed pulling me.

"I'm trying," I yelled as I was beginning to become out of breath. "I can't breathe." I said as I started huffing.

I stopped running as my legs gave out under me. Jason quickly got in front of me in a protective mode as the guys stopped a few steps down.

"Don't come near her." Jason threatened.

"We aren't here for her, we are here for you." One of the guys seethed.

"What do you want?" Jason asked.

He was angry, so angry and it kind of scared me because I have never seen this side of him before. Was it bad that I am turned on by it? I couldn't help it...he is just so hot.

The next thing I know, the two men are throwing punches at Jason. I quickly jumped to my few and went up a few steps and watched at Jason fight the two guys. They were strong but Jason is stronger. Jason isn't defenseless like me. He can defend himself and he even fought back.

I was surprised that there weren't people nearby. In fact, there was no one near us.

Everything was happening so fast and I couldn't keep up. I was so out of breath.

"Jason!" I yelped as one of the guys pushed Jason down the stairs.

I tried to run towards him but the other guy threw me back and I landed right on my butt scabbing my elbows and nearly hitting my head. After I got back to my feet, I saw both of the men towering over Jason as he laid at the bottom of the stairs. They said something to him and walked away.

"Jason!" I shouted as I ran down the stairs as fast as I could.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I fell to my knees at his side.

"I broke my leg." He sighed as he tried to sit forward with my help.

"We need to get you to the hospital," I said as I held one of his hands in mine.