angels&devils // jean kirschten

racing track au!
racer! jean x manager! reader
----

as a former winning track racer, you knew all the dirty tricks people would use to get to the finish line, not that you hadn't used most of them yourself. but those tricks ended getting you to quit what was the one thing you loved the most, leaving the track wasn't easy but you would at least get to support people in your own way and give them advice. just like you once heard from a partner, the racing track was filled with angels and devils, you may catch their eyes if you're careful.

your eyes anxiously watch the alarm clock beside the bed that clearly displayed the time in red numbers, almost as if showing your death time, but not for you. the body beside you shifted and let out a low groan, an arm
now wrapping itself around your waist and a head nuzzling into the crook of your neck.

"it's still too early to worry." jean says in a croaked voice from sleep, a faint laugh escaping from you as your hand had now found itself on his copper hair and messing it further.

"what makes you say that?"

"you usually don't wake up at 4 am and if you do, it's out of stress or worry." well, dang right.

today was the day of the day jean would have to do everything to win in the track, the finals of the racing season, the worst of all. you couldn't help but worry for him, not only as his manager but also lover. you imagined every single scenario that could possibly happen in the track, worst case scenario, death.

you quietly face his way and look up into his eyes that drowsily stared down into yours, with a gentle smile, you reach for the back of his neck and softly kiss his lips.

"you better go to sleep, or else you won't be able to concentrate properly later." the chuckle that left his lips never failed to leave your heart beating, tightening his grip around you, you were now the one nuzzling into his chest.

"the race only starts at 9pm and besides, i will only go to sleep if you do." you couldn't but comply to his request, with a nod of head, you only close your eyes and your breathing now matching his.

as you drift off to sleep, you only had one thing in. may jean catch the eye of an angel and may he be looked over, luckily the gods would listen to your prayer.

** ** **

cheerful voices and shouts all around the stadium in Singapore, various racers getting themselves ready, some jumping up and down and some even praying for their lives. jean had been one of the few who were jumping up and down and occasionally asking for you to slap him, to which you had done, twice.

you were nervous yourself but never showed it as it wouldn't help anything, your eyes roaming around the area all cars were kept in and the staff checking everything to make sure the racers were okay to go. it had been raining faintly for over an hour or two now, soaking the track and making cold sweat run down your back, that would be suicide for most people racing out there was what had been on your mind. before you knew, the loud cheerful voice came through the speakers and announcing for the racers to head to track with their cars.

jean walking by your side as you headed towards the black and red car, that had multiple brand signs all over it, some racers even walking by you and wishing you luck to which you responded the same. the copper haired male went into the car and a sigh of frustration escaping from you while adjusting the buttons of the system.

"remember everything you've been doing for the past months, don't go overboard until necessary, meaning--"

"don't overexcited yourself until reaching the last laps, i know, (y/n), I know." he says with a laugh but the grim expression still on your features as you gripped the sides of the door. "I'll be careful."

a wry smile tugs your lips as you nodded your head, you gave him his helmet but before he put it on, he swiftly lift himself up and stole a kiss from your lips. usually you would be pissed off about his sudden action, but instead, it made you smile and making jean grin.

the voice from the speakers once again was heard and you had to get out of the track, joining the other managers behind the barrier, the entire track had gone quiet and now everybody had been focused on the beeping sound that allowed the racers to go, your eyes only focused on jean's Ferrari.

when allowed to go, it hadn't only been a minute since the race started, some racer had already crashed onto jean and setting your heart beating non-stop.

not only was jean who crashed but soon went back into track, crashing into other two cars that were now off, and going into first place. you could hear the managers cursing out loud but you kept the victory thoughts to yourself while you tightly gripped your chest out of relief and your hand reaching for the side of your ear to press down on the concept.

"jean, everything under control?" you hear a few interruptions before finally hearing his voice that was cut often.

"--under control." you heard back, often sizzling, you didn't notice yourself that a smirk crawled to your lips and you had suddenly felt confident.

** ** **

before you had known, the race came to an end, shouts of victory and loss were now being heard along with fireworks going off. you ran towards jean who had won first place and happily jumped out of the car and greedily grabbing a hold of you by the waist and spinning you around, a wide grin attached to your lips as the both of you laugh out loud. you found yourself surprised when he had put you down and covered your lips with his, but kissed him back nonetheless.

after you watched as he received the golden medal and trophy, you now stood behind the barrier while he talked with the announcer of the racing program, smiling as he suddenly took the microphone from the man and turned to you with a wide smile.

"well, mr. springer, I have only one person to thank." he said and you furrowed your brow when he placed the trophy down and opened his suit, eyes widening when pulling out a black furry box. "and I am going to marry her if accepts me."

it felt as if everything stopped before before you had known, your hands covered your lips as tears started to brim the corner of your eyes, you jumped over the barrier and ran towards jean's open arms. you didn't feel embarrassed that all eyes were on you as you and jean shared a kiss in front of the cameras and crowd.

"so, will this person marry you jean?!" Connie sprinter asked in an excited voice and suddenly having the microphone up to your face, but you didn't mind.

"gladly!" you exclaimed while wiping the tears away from your blurry sight.

"I now have an angel watching over me from wherever!" you hear jean say as he picked you up from the ground once again, setting your heart aflame and hugging him by the neck.