x-mas edition // berthodlt hoover

just smile for me
modern au!
angst!
    —

     Bertholdt moves around in bed way too much, you've been watching that happen for the past 20 minutes or even more with a smile on your face. Your eyes glanced at the alarm on the nightstand quickly before a giggle left from you as you stood up. It was about to wake him up.

     You inhaled and placed your hands around your before propping a knee onto the bed. "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" You shouted right by him. Having jump out of bed for the second time that week.

     You laughed so much that tears started to form themselves as he looked lost, not having a clue in had just happened or how he just woke up. He messed his short black hair even more and looked up at you.

     "W-What's going on?" He asked and you grinned, jumping over to the other side of the bed as he sat there.

     "Good morning, Bert!" You chirped, swiftly placing a kiss on the side of his mouth before grabbing a hold of his arm and helping him stand up, you struggled a bit but still managed to get the baby Titan up. "It's Christmas! C'mon!"

     He was being dragged to the living room by you, but with a smile on his lips, when both of you reached the living room, he watched as you beamed over the presents. Even if it had been the second time that morning.

     "Oh! You also bought a present for Lena and Aaron! That's so sweet of you." You smiled and it made his heart flutter, and at the mention of the two kids, he realised he should wake them up.

     "Oh, yea. I should wake them up—"

     But before he could even go, you grabbed a hold of his arm and tugged him back. You caressed his face and giggled.

     "Silly! Don't you remember we dropped them off at your parents? Since they asked to have over for this Christmas and we'd be picking them up at night." Bertholdt looked to the side for a few seconds before shrugging his shoulders.

     "I must've forgotten."

     For the rest of the morning, you undid presents and ate breakfast, you also ended watching a few movies while rewinded on the days you were only college students and with no home to go asides from the mini apartment you had back then. Barely surviving through the cold, but it was till nice considering you had each other.

     It was about to hit 3 o'clock when you stood up and smiled down at Bertholdt who looked up at you with the same mirrored smile.

     You caressed his cheeks and pecked his forehead. "We need to go see somebody, remember?" You reminded. But Bertholdt didn't seem to remember that.

     But nonetheless, he went along with it. He felt confused when you told him to put on a black tuxedo while you put on a black dress. You were doing your hair and told to just go outside and wait for you since you going to finish this and both of you would be on your way.

     The moment he stepped outside the door, he was greeted with the neighbour, Eren, who seemed to be just about to go in. Both males smiled at one another.

     "Good morning and Merry Christmas, Bertholdt!" He greeted, the taller male had done the same. "Where are you going? Dressed in fancy shmancy clothes too." Eren laughed.

     Bertholdt laughed as well and dig his hands into his pockets. "My wife said we'd be going to visit somebody and then later we'd be picking up the kids."

     After he said that, he could see that the smile on Eren's cheeks froze slightly before he closed his eyes and smiled even more.

     "Ah, (y/n) and the kids, huh? I'm going in now but tell them I wish them a Merry Christmas. See you Bert!" Was the last thing he said before going in.