x-mas edition // jean kirschtein

the Christmas gatherings
royal au!

"NO! MOM, DON'T. EVEN!" You heard your shout got mixed with another one, but decided to just brush it off and continued to debate with your mother who was currently dragging you across the snow to the large castle up ahead. And you hated that castle, just saying. "I DONT WANT TO PLAY WITH HORSE KID JEAN!"

Your mother just ignored your comment and put you over her shoulder, wondering a how a queen can be so strong? Well, your mother happens to not be a royal from bloodline, she used to be a land farmer. You, fortunately to her, but unfortunately to your father, inherited her strength and atitude as to why now you tried getting off of her.

It was Christmas time, snow everywhere, you could see a few servant children running around each other, the reindeers that the Kirschtein family would always put out were walking around freely but always never crossing the walls that were around the castle. Even if so many beautiful things were around you, you still wanted to go back home.

Because the one thing you hated most, your mother would never allow you to say despise, because it is a strong word, was there.

Jean Kirschtein.

And just by thinking of the devil's name— oh wait no, no, he is royalty you can't say that. Just by thinking of the prince's name, the only heir of the Kirschtein throne, you got mixed emotions.

You read that right.

Mixed emotions.

Both you and Jean grew up together, your mother being quite close, and causing for he both of you to often meet up. Tea parties, balls, meetings, you always saw each other. You always liked him, well, not exactly. That's why it's mixed emotions.

The way he smiled made your heart flutter, but the way he acted made you want to burry him 10 feet under ground. And worse, or good? That's for you to decided.

You knew that both of your mother's wanted you to end up together.

When you finally reached the door of the castle where jean himself and his mother stood, you frowned slightly but a dusk of blush on the top of her cheeks. He was also looking to the side and blushing non-stop while he fidgeted in the outfit his mother probably forced him to put on.

"(y/m/n)! You look just as stunning today!" Jean's mother complimented, them turning to you and you clearly took notice of how she tugged in her son's sleeve. "What about you, (y/n)? You look beautiful." Your eyes averted to Jean, to see he stared at you with his lips being formed into a tight line.

You smirked, not caring if your mother and his stood there, you did. Directed to Jean, as in other words you meant to say "C'mon, compliment me, horse face." He narrowed his eyes at you.

Jean let out a small grunt of pain when feeling his mother slap his back, hurrying him into saying something. The boy knew his mother was not one to mess with when she was mad.

"Y-You look stunning, (y/n)!" He said, forcedly. His words sounded so insincere but he still said it out loud and then looking to the side quickly in embarrassment.

You held yourself from laughing then.

Both of your mother's walked ahead of you while you trailed behind them, your hands kept to yourselves but making ugly expressions at one another and teasing.

You stuck out your to give at him. "You ugly horse." You teased and he glared at you before smirking.

"Manly woman." And you glanced at the two ladies up ahead before your hand went onto his lower back. Jean let out a, sounding womanly to you, shriek and fell backwards from the sudden pain as he arched his back.

You smirked but then your lips formed a sincere warm smile when your mother's turned around in worry. But then there you stood, Jean in your arms as if he had just been swooned by you and your fingers caressing his messed strands to the side as he blushed furiously at your actions.

"Don't worry Jean, I can be the prince to your princess." You said, though you sounded sincere, you tried as much as you to hold in your laugh.

The queens swooned at the scene and squealed quietly, you furrowed your brows in confusion when seeing a small smirk reach Jean's lips as he grabbed a hold of your upper arms. He pulled himself up and you were the one who had now been swooned by.

His eyes staring deeply into your (e/c) orbs as he smiled, and now, it was your turn to blush furiously.

"Lady (l/n), would you allowed to take (y/n) to the garden?" The garden was full with snow, not even the royal gardener could do anything to help with it for goodness sake!

But your mother was already amazed by his actions, she nodded immediately while you gave her a blank look as of expecting more. But what were you expecting exactly? She is your mother, she wants you to be Jean.

     Against your will, you were already dragged outside, with a blank look on your face as you saw Jean crouched down on the snow and already building a small mount of snow. You stared at him with one of your brows furrowed and the smallest smile twitching up your lips.

    But you couldn't let your walls fall down that easily before the boy.

     "What are You? A kid?" You asked and scoffed. Jean looked up at you with a frown before huffing and turning his head to the side.

     "You just don't have that much of a Christmas spirit, we're just 17." He says, somehow leaving you confused by his words. "In at least two years, I'm going to marry someone and rule this kingdom. I might not have the time to play like this any longer when the time comes..."

     You found yourself thinking about his words, he was right. Someday you and Kean would have to marry someone and both would probably not have time to do the things you can do now. As to why your mother's want you to marry each other.

     Instead of marrying an unknown girl from another kingdom, marry somebody you've grown used to being around and feel comfortable with. But both of you didn't know that.

     After thinking of such meaningful words, you were about to say something but instead squealed when feeling a snowball being thrown at you. You glared up ahead and saw Jean, who was supposed to be beside you but no, he was preparing snowballs all the time.

     "Ha! This is hilarious!" He was preparing to throw another snowball, but right then you threw one quickly at him and surprising him.

    "In your horse face!"

     You spent for what seemed hours having a snow fight, laughing out loud like maniacs whenever you would each each other in the face or the back that was already soaked and making it even colder. After the battle session, you were obviously exhausted and now laying on the snow, breathless.

     The clear, vibrant sky of that morning was the one sight you never forgot to see, especially in winter during Christmas time. You heard a coarse laugh from Jean and looked his way to see him smiling while his eyes were still averted upwards to the sky.

     "You know..." He starts and you felt a dusk of blush cover your cheeks. "It would be nice if we were to be like this forever don't you think?"

     Your eyes widen at his words and you felt your heart thump inside your chest.

    "What do you mean?" You congratulated yourself for not stuttering. His eyes locked with yours and you'd sworn to never see him look any happier in that moment.

    "With you, by my side, always smiling."
     —

apologizing if there are an mistakes, I didn't go over it

rie