Chapter 9

~Chapter 9~

~Peeta POV~

I wake up to the a blinding white light seeping in through the shades on my bedroom window. I slowly open my eyes fully and roll over and am shocked when I see Katniss isn't there. I quickly get out of bed and start to walk downstairs. I relax when I hear the sound of the television and someone humming. Good, Katniss is okay. I am surprised to smell food begin cooked. A smile forms on my face as I walk into the kitchen.

I see Katniss dressed in an old tshirt of mine and some sweatpants that I didn't even know that I owned. She has a spatula in her hand. I walk over to her and give her a small but meaningful kiss.

"Good morning beautiful." I whisper to her.

"Morning bread boy." She replies with a smirk.

I just smile and glance over her shoulder. I see that she is making us a giant feast of different sausages, bacon and potatoes. It looks delicious.

"Someone is actually cooking for a change. I could get used to this." I say while massaging her shoulders as she tends to the food."

She laughs a little and replies, "Well don't get used to it because this is hard work. And I'm afraid I'm going to burn something every two seconds."

"Well it looks like you are doing just fine," I say.

Once she finishes cooking we sit down and eat. After we finish the delicious breakfast, we decide to go out front and sit on the porch since it's such a beautiful morning. Katniss makes herself tea and make some coffee and we head out and sit on the rocking chairs.

After about 30 minutes of silence Katniss finally speaks up. She asks, "So Peeta...umm..did Effie ever say when this interview thingy in the Capitol was gonna be?"

"Oh yeah. She said in about a month or two. They haven't worked out the details yet but they know that it won't be any sooner than that," I reply.

"Oh, okay." Katniss says. After that we just sit there and watch the morning go by without speaking of the trip again.

****ONE MONTH LATER****

~Katniss POV~

I basically don't even live in my own house anymore. I have my own dresser at Peeta's house and only go into my house when I need specific things. Buttercup also lives with us now. He really likes Peeta and Peeta seems to enjoy having a cat so that's good.

Peeta and I have gotten so much closer over this month. I am so in love with this boy. The feeling of waking up next to him never gets old. I always get butterflies in my stomach every time we kiss. Words cannot explain how much I love him.

Today we had breakfast and since it was raining out, we just decided to have a movie day. I sit on the couch with my head laying in Peeta's lap and he just stokes my hair. All the sudden we jump at the sound of the phone ringing.

Peeta gently gets up and I lay my head on a pillow while he is gone. I hear him talking to someone on the phone but I can't really make out what he is saying. After about ten minutes of talking he finally comes back. He has a sad and scared look in his eyes.

"Peeta what's wrong? Who was that?" I ask and my voice wavers.

"Um that was Effie. She said to pack our stuff because we are going to be leaving for the Capitol soon." He replies.

"Oh," I say remembering how I had insisted on how I wanted to go to the Capitol with Peeta. "Well how soon is soon? Like are we leaving next week sometime?"

"Well, Katniss...she said that the train will be here in um...an hour." He says. He looks like he is expecting me to break down but I don't. I just nod and slowly get up. We make our way into Peeta's bedroom, or should I say our bedroom, and start to gather clothes that we want to take.

After we finish packing, we are a little early so I decide to take a shower and get ready. I get in the shower and wash my hair and scrub my body. After I get out, I braid my hair into its signature braid and pull on some worn out jeans and a crew neck that I love. I walk down stairs and find Peeta sitting out front on the porch steps.

"Hey Peeta." I say while taking a seat next to him.

"Hey girl on fire. Are you gonna be okay on this trip? I don't want you to regret going once we get to the Capitol." He replies looking worried.

"No I think I will be okay. I'm sure it will be fun! I mean, I hope it will be fun." I say back trying to force a smile. He just chuckles and I lay my head i his shoulder. He puts his arm around me and just seems to be lost in a daze.

"What are you thinking about Peeta?" I ask curiously.

"I'm thinking that I'm here sitting on this porch in the middle of the most amazing district with the most beautiful girl in Panem. What are you thinking?" He says raising his eyebrows at me and smirking.

I just smile and reply, "I'm not sure to be honest. I guess I'm nervous for the Capitol trip. But I am glad to be leaving here for awhile. I don't know if it will help that much but I just can't take looking at that house everyday." I say gesturing to my old house in the Victors Village.

"Does that house really bother you that much Katniss? If I would've known then we could've gotten another house! We can move once we get back from the Capitol, okay? Would that make it easier for you?" He asks with a look of sincere concern on his face.

"Yes, I mean no. I don't know. I know you really like this house Peeta! We don't have to move if you really don't want to." I say.

"I do like this house but c'mon Katniss. You know we have more money than we know what to do with. Right when we get home we are so building a new house. Somewhere closer your woods and a little farther away from town. We could even make a little place for Haymitch to stay if you would like! I'm sure he would be up for it! This will be awesome Katniss!" Peeta exclaims happily. I didn't think he would be so into the idea of moving. Boy was I wrong.

"Okay Peeta! Sounds like a plan. And we better get going or else we are gonna get in trouble." I say whole rolling my eyes.

"Okay I'm going to get Haymitch. You wait here. I'll be right back." He says. Then he gives me a passionate kiss and walks over to Haymitch's house.

__________________________

Thanks so much for reading this guys! I love little Everlark moments like this chapter had! So adorable haha

Anyways please comment feedback and vote! Love you guys! Thanks again for reading! I'm trying so hard to make this original and different from other THG fanfics! Haha(:

~Jordan~