Chapter 20

~Chapter 20~

~Peeta POV~

I wake up when I hear someone knocking on my bedroom door. I glance over at Katniss and see that she is still wrapped in my arms and sound asleep. I try to get out of bed without waking her but she starts to stir and murmur. I wince a little as I get up and go to the door. Once I open it, I see an already dressed and ready Effie with a big smile on her face.

"Today is our last day in the Capitol! You two wake up and go get breakfast so we can start getting you ready for the big party tonight!" Effie chirps.

"Okay we will be right down!" I say as I am already making my way to the bathroom. I quickly wash my face and brush my teeth. Once I go back into my bedroom I see that Katniss is starring out the window.

"Hey, whats wrong?" I ask her as I wrap my arms around her from behind and rest my chin on her shoulder.

She sighs and answers, "Nothing. I was just thinking. Today's our last day and our lives will be back to normal. Finally."

"Yeap. Can't wait to get home. Also, I have a surprise for you," I reply.

At that Katniss turns her head and asks, "What's this surprise?!"

"You're just going to have to wait until we get back to 12!" I answer, "In the meantime, let's go get some breakfast!"

After a big breakfast of fruit, pancakes and bacon, Katniss and I are told to go to our rooms because our prep teams are waiting for us. Today is the big lunch party at the presidential palace...yay.

I give Katniss a quick hug and we go to our separate rooms. My prep team is sitting on the couch watching a rerun of the interview we did the other day. When they see me, their eyes light up and they take me straight into the bathroom.

First, they shove me into the shower. After I wash my hair and body they quickly begin their work. They shave my face, dry and style my hair and put on all of these colognes. Once everything is finished, they make me change into a gray suit with a white shirt and a teal tie.

After one last look they agree that I look perfect and send me back downstairs to Effie so she can coach me on what to say today at the party.

Most of the stuff that Effie tells me about I already know. She goes on for what seems like a couple hours until we finally hear Katniss and her prep team coming down the steps. I get up to go and greet her and when I see her I fell myself start to blush and smile immediately. She looked absolutely stunning. She was in a shiny, long dress that was the same color as my tie. The dress fit her perfectly. It was tight up top and at the bottom it flared out a bit.

Her hair is swept to the side in a gorgeous bun that looked like a flower. Her makeup is minimal and her skin seemed to be sparkling. I am so lucky to say that Katniss Everdeen is my fiancé.

~Katniss POV~

Once again, my prep team takes forever to get me ready. It takes what seems like hours but they finally finish. The dress they make me wear today is so tight up top that I can barely breath but it is absolutely gorgeous. It's a dark teal color and is super sparkly. Octavia says that the color brings out my gray eyes and for once I agree with her.

After one last check, they usher me downstairs. I'm immediately welcomed by a big gasp from Effie and a glowing smile from Peeta. Peeta and I lock eyes and it makes me feel so happy inside. He looks so happy and I love him so much. If he looks this happy just to see me before a party, what is he going to be like on our wedding day? Oh gosh, I cannot even imagine. It's still such a surreal thought that Peeta and I are going to get married.

Peeta takes my hand when I reach the bottom of the steps. We are quickly joined by Haymitch and as a giant group we all head to the waiting limo outside of the hotel. Let the party begin...

__________________________

Super sorry I haven't updated lately!!! Oops! Haha I just got back from vacation and haven't had much time to write! Thanks so much for reading guys!(: I seriously cannot thank you enough! Please vote and comment if you enjoy my story! I'll try to update asap!!! ~Jordan