Chapter 14

~Chapter 14~

~Katniss POV~

When I wake up from my nap I am shocked to see that it's dinner time. I haven't seen Peeta all day and I can't wait to see him. I jump out of bed, fix myself in the mirror really fast, and bound down the steps. When I reach the dining table I see that everyone is already eating.

"Wow guys thanks for waking me up," I say sarcastically.

"Well Katniss you had a big day and I didn't want to wake you. Tomorrow is going to be another big big day so you better eat up and then go get some rest." Effie chirps.

"Well can't I at least stay up and hang out with Peeta for a bit?" I ask suddenly becoming really mad.

"You will see him all day tomorrow. Now please eat." Effie snaps.

I give Peeta a sad look but he doesn't seem to notice. I sit down and quickly eat my food and stride off back to my room. While lying in bed and watching tv I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in," I say.

"Hey, it's me," says Peeta as he steps into my room. I get up and meet him halfway across the room. He immediately kisses me and I kiss him back. I missed him so much today and I just let out all of my anger and sadness into our kiss. The world seems to be fading away.

Peeta kicks the door shut and without breaking our kiss we move to my bed. We lay down and out kiss intensifies. Before I know it Peeta has his shirt off and things seem to be progressing quickly. Peeta reaches to take my shirt off but I quickly pull it back down. I shake my head and he just nods and smiles. This is why I love Peeta. He doesn't try to rush or force me to do anything.

We continue to kiss until I hear a knock on the door. Peeta and I fix ourselves quickly and he goes and opens the door. A wide eyed Effie stands on the other side.

"My dear Katniss what do you think you are doing? I told you to go to sleep! Peeta go to your room. Right. Now." She snaps.

Peeta gives me a small hug and kiss on the forehead and shuffles over to his room. I shoot a glance at Effie and she turns on her heels and heads down the hall to her own bedroom. I turn and collapse on my bed and fall into another dreamless sleep.

__________________________

Okay I know that this is another short chapter but I will be uploading the next one very soon! I can't wait ahh! Haha thanks so much for reading!!! (: ~Jordan~