27

Emily's POV

Ok. So my birthday 'party' was full of surprises.

》》》》

When I walked into that room, Liam was sitting there looking outside a window. He heard me walk in and said a simple "Hi". I said the same thing back to him and grabbed a nearby stool, putting it next to him.

"What are you thinking about?" I quietly asked.

"How I don't deserve you. How I am such a prick and I don't know how someone like you could like me."

We stayed in a comfortable silence as I put my hand in his.

He broke the silence and said,"I'm loosing everything. My fans, my friends, and my family. But you have always stayed constant despite all the shit I did to you. I love you for that." Tears pricked at his eyes and I brought him into a hug.

Liam makes me, me and I wouldn't be the way I am now if I didn't go to that meet and greet. I wouldn't redo any of it.

After I spending time with Liam, He soon left and I didn't really talk to anyone but Mike and we mostly talked about what we have accomplished so far in our lives.

Anne, sadly, was the 'older' girlfriend that Mom said Eric had. That little slut just disregarded me and how I would feel about the whole situation and took him somewhere private. And I do not want to know what they did in that room.

》》》》

I lay on my bed with a pen in my hand, completing my assignments that are coming near in due date. Macy is across from me, sleeping as usual. I wonder where she gets the time to work if she is sleeping or with Harry most of the time.

Speaking of work, I am running low on funds and I can't keep relying on my mother or father to pay for college, so I really need to find a well paying job.

I stop my work and ponder about job choices.

I major in Math, so an accountant?

I love to cook, so Chef's assistant? I'll think about this later. Too many things are going on in my mind to think about jobs.

I at least have a semester left until school is over and until I am a Junior in college. Maybe I should start working towards finding scholarship applications so I don't have to work much.

In the middle of my thoughts, my phone rings and my mothers name flashes across my phone screen. I wait until the third ring to pick up so I don't seem eager for someone to call me.

"Hello?" I confused tone is in my voice.

"Darling! How are you? A check from your father just came in the mail and it is for your monthly tuition. Want to stop by?" She sounds eager for my response and I sigh. I don't really feel up it leaving the dorm, but this is my mother we are talking about.

"Ok. I'll be there in...um....15 minutes." I wrapped up my work and set it on the small table beside my bed. "Alright! See you then!" My mom has always been the type of mom that loves seeing their children every second and does not want to be away from them. When I had to leave for college, she was full on crying when I got on that bus headed for UCLA.

I grabbed some sweats from my closet along with some gray vans and wrote a note for Macy telling her that I went to my moms and I won't be long. I quickly and quietly left out of the dorm into the quiet hallway.

》》》》

I rang my mother's doorbell twice and she came to open the door drunk.

"oh hayyyyy, honey." He words were slured and I was highly confused. How can someone get drunk in a matter of 20 minutes?