Chapter Two

Scott sat with Kirstie in the lounge. They were currently watching Avi and Kevin play a video game. They were far enough from the other two and they were so wrapped up in their game that they probably weren't paying attention to Scott and Kirstie's conversation anyway. It was Sunday night and curfew was in thirty minutes so Scott decided to just ask Kirstie what he had been avoiding.

"What happened with Mitch?" He asked, trying not to look at Kirstie.

"What do you mean?" She asked, not looking up from her phone.

"Well, he said he wasn't going to tell me what happened because everyone says his version is fake." Scott explained, getting Kirstie to look up.

"You talked to him?" Scott nodded his head.

"I don't need the lecture. I just want to know what happened." Scott said, knowing that she was probably going to tell him to stay away from Mitch.

"We already told you, he tells his dad everything." She said, shrugging her shoulders.

"There has to be more to it. Why would he say that I'd get a different version from you guys? Why wouldn't he just tell me that he doesn't tell his dad everything? That doesn't seem like a big enough deal for everyone to hate him." Scott pointed out. Kirstie sighed and glanced around before turning her attention back to Scott.

"When we were thirteen Mitch was dating an older student named Tyler. They were basically inseparable. Mitch's dad didn't like them being together anyway and was already pretty hard on Tyler for it. Of course he never took it out on Mitch. Well, then Mitch agreed to sleep Tyler but he later regretted it and claimed that Tyler forced him into it. Well, Tyler obviously was mad because he had proof from texts that Mitch had sent that Mitch had enjoyed it and there wasn't really much that could be done about it. Two weeks later Mitch got beat up which wasn't the first time and he blamed it on Tyler who wasn't even on campus when it happened. Mitch's dad used that as an excuse to punish Tyler for what he supposedly did to Mitch and expelled him." Kirstie explained. Scott stayed silent for a moment to process everything he had just heard.

"Why would that make everyone hate Mitch. It was an immature relationship between two people with an age difference. Mitch would have been in a different place mentally than Tyler. I don't get why that made everyone hate him." Scott said, trying to figure it out.

"Tyler was the best student here. He was Mr. Grassi's favorite student even while dating Mitch. Sure, Mr. Grassi wasn't happy about the relationship but he still adored Tyler until all of that happened. There was no evidence that Tyler ever did anything wrong but Mitch played it up and got Tyler expelled." Scott thought it over in his head. He wondered what version Mitch would give him. He could guess that it would be about not wanting to sleep with Tyler and then getting beaten up by him, but he wondered if there was more to the story.

"Look, just stay away from Mitch. He's not a good person to hang around. He ratted out other people for stupid things." Kirstie warned.

"Has anyone actually heard him tell his dad? Like how do people know he's the one doing it?" Scott wasn't sure why he wanted to believe that Mitch was good. There was no way that someone with those eyes could be a snake.

"Because his dad knows things that he shouldn't and the ones who get in trouble all say that Mitch knew what they did. It just makes sense for Mitch to be the one who told." Scott still tried to think of a way to debunk that as proof. Now he really wanted Mitch's side of the story.

------------------------

Mitch sat on his bed with his laptop on his stomach. He was scrolling through tumblr and listening to music. He kept thinking about Scott even though he shouldn't be. Scott would soon hear the story from everyone else and then he would be like everyone else. Mitch knew how it worked. All new students soon saw him the same way as everyone else. He found that to be extremely unfair because those people didn't even know the real story, none of them were there when it happened. They didn't have a right to judge him because they don't even know him.

Mitch sighed when his phone went off. Nobody ever texted him except his family. When he saw the text was from his dad he felt his anxiety rise. Him and his dad didn't have the best relationship. That was one thing people didn't know. Everyone called him "daddy's boy" but that was the farthest thing from the truth. He barely spoke to his parents but nobody cared to know that. Mitch tried to pretend that he didn't see the text but he knew that would just make his dad angry. When he got a second text demanding that he come to the office he knew he better listen.

He took his time shutting down his laptop, getting up, putting on shoes, and leaving the room. He kept his head down as he made his way to his dad's office. He hated meeting people in the hallway because it was obvious where he was heading. He got teased and had rude comments made about "running to daddy." He tried to not listen and just keep his eyes down. Once he reached his dad's office he knocked on the large door and waited to be invited in. He still kept his eyes on the floor as he entered.

"Mitch, come here and sit down. I'll be with you in a moment." His dad said, not looking up from the computer he was working on. Mitch had never had a real father-son relationship with his dad. It was always a very proper relationship. Mr. Grassi treated him just like the other students even outside of school. Except he couldn't hit the other students. Mitch sat quietly and waited for his dad to tell him what he needed.

"I hear you've been hanging around the new student, Scott Hoying." His dad said, confusing Mitch. He didn't see why this would be a problem. It wasn't like he was really hanging out with Scott. They had just talked a couple of times.

"Um, not really," Mitch said.

"I know you've been around him, Mitch." The stern tone his dad used had Mitch shrinking back more. "I wanted to be sure that you aren't getting any ideas. The last thing we need is a repeat of the Tyler situation. I'm only giving you one warning, Mitch, stay away from Scott. If I catch you with him there will be consequences." Mitch stared at his hands and waited for his dad to say he could leave. It wasn't like he was chasing after Scott. He knew his place in the school and that wasn't next to someone who would most likely be popular in a month.

"Do you understand?" Mr. Grassi asked, staring his son down. Mitch only nodded his head. "Do not disrespect me." The man warned.

"Yes, Sir," Mitch answered quietly.

"Good, you may leave now," Mr. Grassi said before going back to work. Mitch got up and left the room. He knew what his dad was really warning against. He didn't want Mitch to be in a relationship with Scott. He didn't support Mitch being gay. He had even punished Mitch when he came out. Coming out was sort of Mitch's way of rebelling against his parents. He regretted telling his parents. He had honestly never been more afraid of his parents then at that time. Then he met Tyler who quickly asked him out. Mitch was still afraid of his parents but he had also been angry so he dated Tyler to get back at them for hurting him.

Mitch knew his dad's warning was serious. Especially after what happened with everything with Tyler. Mitch was constantly afraid of his dad. People blamed him for Tyler being expelled but they didn't know the full story and they wouldn't listen if he tried to explain. Mitch knew he had to stay away from Scott.

A/N: This story is going to be pretty sad and angsty. Everything I write is like that. I also have some ideas for some Scomiche oneshots so check back from time to time if you want to read those. I also have an Instagram for my obsessions. It's Tru-Oddball and I post on there when I post new stories.