Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N: I'm back! Sorry for not updating! I'll explain at the end of this chapter what happened.

Scott opened the door to his dorm room and walked in with his parents. They were helping him to get settled back in. He always hated saying goodbye to his parents. He had a new room mate this year. He was hoping they would get along well enough to make it through the year. He saw that the person had already moved in on the empty side of the room. All of Scott's things that had been left for the summer were still the way he had left them. After he got all of his stuff in his room and put away, he walked back out to the car with his parents.

"I'll see you at Thanksgiving," Scott told his parents. He hugged his mom who held him tightly.

"It's never easy leaving you here," she told him.

"This is my last year," Scott reminded her.

"Yeah, and then you're off to college. I still have a good four years until you're home for good." She pointed out. She kissed Scott's cheek causing him to smile. He turned to give his dad a tight hug. Once they pulled away they exchanged 'I love yous' and 'goodbyes' before his parents climbed into the car. He waited until they were out of sight before heading back inside. He said 'hi' to a few people as he walked back to his dorm room. He began straightening up things and putting up some of the stuff he brought with him. He kept looking over the other side of the room. He wanted to get a feel for who his new room mate was. Something he noticed was all of the make-up.

As Scott was putting some stuff in the closet, he sang along to the music coming from his laptop. He stopped when he heard the door opening, figuring it was his new room mate. A very feminine, blond guy walked in talking and laughing with someone behind him. Scott smiled when he saw Mitch walk in behind the guy. Mitch looked scared for a second before smiling a little.

"Hey," Scott greeted. The blond looked between Mitch and Scott before smiling at Mitch.

"I assume this is Scott," he said, looking at Scott.

"That would be me," Scott answered. "I'm guessing we're room mates?"

"Yep," the guy said, walking the rest of the way into the room. He sat on his bed and patted the space next to him for Mitch. The small brunette walked over with his eyes on the floor and sat down. "I'm Jeffree," he introduced himself. Scott looked between Jeffree and Mitch. He was happy to see that his room mate was being nice to Mitch.

"How was your summer?" Mitch asked, feeling awkward for asking. They had pretty much told each other everything.

"It was good. I think I told you everything already." Scott said, sitting on his bed across from them.

"Right," Mitch nodded a little, his cheeks turning pink. He hated being so awkward. It was different talking to Scott in person rather than over texts. Mitch was different when he was hiding behind a phone. He was happier and goofier in texts. He couldn't figure out how to get that Mitch out during face-to-face interactions.

"What were you two up to?" Scott asked, trying to make the atmosphere a little more relaxed.

"He was just keeping me company," Jeffree said with a small smirk. Scott knew there was more to what Jeffree was saying but decided not to ask. Part of him was a little jealous at the suggestive tone. Mitch smiled a little without looking up. Scott wanted to ask but decided to let it go. He couldn't come across as jealous. It got quiet again and it felt awkward for everyone. "Who wants to get a snack?" Jeffree suggested, hating the awkwardness between the other two.