Chapter Twenty

A/N: We're already at chapter TWENTY? Originally I planned on this being no more than 25-30 chapters but I can't wrap this up in ten chapters. So it'll be a little longer.
I'm happy that we're finally going to learn more about Scott. There's going to be more backstory for Scott since we've only had Mitch up until now. Also, there's going to be more heart-to-hearts for everyone.

It had been a week since Mitch and Scott followed each other on Twitter. Neither one had messaged the other. They were waiting to see if the other would do it first. Scott was trying to get everything together for school in a couple of weeks. He sorted through clothes and items he wanted to bring with him. He had kept himself busy so he didn't spend much time on his phone. He was trying to cram in as much time as he could with his family and friends before leaving again. The end of summer was always harder for him than any other break.

When he had switched to Philmont it had been the hardest decision. He had been running away from a bad situation at his last school. Things with a certain bully started to get out of hand to where he was honestly afraid. He had talked to his parents about wanting to leave so over summer they transferred him. Maybe that was why he felt so strongly for Mitch. He was too embarrassed by what happened and hadn't told anyone. Not even Mark and Mason knew why he left his old school.

Scott's door opening up caught his attention. Mark walked in with a smile.

"Do you even know how to knock?" Scott asked sarcastically. Mark and Mason were so comfortable with the Hoying family that they rarely knocked before coming in. When Scott was home they were usually around daily.

"Nope," Mark popped the 'P' as he fell on to Scott's bed. Scott rolled his eyes with a smile as he continued his list. He had made sure to write down everything so he could be positive he had everything. "When do you go back?" Mark asked, watching Scott go through his closet and writing down more.

"Uh, August fourteenth I think." Scott replied, finishing his list for now. He knew he would add things to it leading up to school and would probably forget something that he would have his parents mail him.

"Do you ever wish you went to normal school?" Scott shrugged as he started putting things back where they go.

"There are times I think it would be easier but I like boarding school. I like the independence it gives you and you meet people from all over. But I do miss my family and you guys." Scott had hated boarding school when he was younger because he just wanted to be home with his parents but he now appreciated the separation because it helped him grow more and his parents were more willing to give him and his sisters more freedom.

"Well, only one more year and then you won't be able to escape us." Mark joked, making Scott chuckle.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, babe." Scott winked at him before he fell on to the bed next to Mark, making him bounce. "Is Mason coming over, too?"

"Am I not enough?" Mark asked with fake hurt.

"You two are connected at the hip so I figured he wasn't far behind." Scott replied with a smile, making the other laugh. Ever since he had met the two he had hardly been around just one. It seemed like it was always Mark and Mason. Mark's phone went off and he checked to see who had texted him.

"Ah, speak of the devil and he shall appear." Mark said, causing Scott to laugh. Mark quickly typed a reply to Mason letting him that he was at Scott's.

-------------------

Scott was sitting in bed talking to someone on Tinder. There was a lot of flirting going on and was starting to think the guy was going to invite him over. The guy had made it very obvious that he was just looking for a hook up and nothing else which Scott was down for because that's what he was doing too. Just when the guy messaged him wanting to know if he was busy, another notification popped up. It was a DM from Mitch. Scott instantly went to Twitter, forgetting all about the stranger.