Chapter Six

A/N: Hey! I'm so happy to see this story getting so much love! Thank you, babes! Also, I uploaded a new Scomiche story. It's going to be a thriller because it is now Spooky Month! The story is called "Numb And Frightened."
Also, I'm not sure I ever mentioned this, but I was homeschooled so I have no clue how normal school works. So if some things are wrong or weird, that's why.  

       It had been two months since Scott and Kevin pulled Mitch from the fountain. Scott limited the time he was around Mitch still. He would help him up if he was tripped or pushed and ask if he was okay but that was it. He wasn't sure why Mitch didn't want him around but he was learning to be okay with it. That didn't mean he didn't still wish Mitch would let him close. He wasn't sure what it was about Mitch but he wanted to protect him.

"So who are you inviting to the Halloween dance?" Kirstie asked, looking over at Scott and Avi. They were in Kirstie's room studying and talking about random things.

"I don't think I'm gonna ask anyone," Scott said. Nobody here knew he was gay and he wasn't about to tell them. Not after the way they treat Mitch. It was obvious the students here weren't going to be waving rainbow flags anytime soon.

"What? But what about Stephanie? She totally likes you," Kirstie pointed. Scott shrugged.

"I mean, she's nice but not my type." He said, keeping his eyes on the paper in front of him he had been writing notes on.

"What is your type? I have yet to hear you say anything about any girl." Avi pointed out.

"I don't know anyone well enough yet." Scott wished they would just drop it.

"That's exactly why you should ask Stephanie. You two have become close." Kirstie said, sounding confused.

"I just don't want to ask anyone, okay?" Scott snapped, finally looking up from his paper. They both stared at him for a moment before mumbling an 'okay'. Scott went back to writing down notes. The room felt awkward now. He finally sighed and looked over at them. "I'm sorry, I'm just... not interested in dating is all." It wasn't a total lie. He didn't want a fake relationship with a girl because that wasn't fair to the girl. And he definitely wasn't going to date a guy.

"That's fine, Scott," Kirstie said, her tone sounding fake.

"Who are you going with?" Scott asked, not wanting to ruin their fun of talking about the dance.

"Jeremy asked me yesterday so I'm going with him. What about you?" Kirstie looked at Avi who was laying on the bed next to her.

"Uh, I asked Ariel a few days ago." He said with a small shrug. Scott listened to Kirstie and Avi talk about the dance as he worked. He wasn't even sure if he was going to the dance. It's not like he had to go. He could just stay in his room. He figured that was what Mitch does. Scott stopped writing as soon as that thought passed his mind. He felt bad for assuming that Mitch wouldn't go but he couldn't see Mitch being the dance or party type.

"Kevin said that Ryan and James are having an after party in the woods. There's going to be music, alcohol, and dancing." Avi told them.

"How are they getting alcohol?" Scott asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Ryan's older brother is bringing it when he comes to visit the day before the dance. I don't know where they're hiding it until Saturday night." Avi explained.

"Are you going to that?" Kirstie asked, looking between the two. Scott looked at Avi who only shrugged so Scot responded the same way. He wasn't going unless they all went. He knew Ryan and James along with some of their friends but not well enough to go drinking in the woods with them.