Discharged

The doctor walked in and smiled. "Welcome back Ms. Chamberlin. My name is Doctor Kalinda Greene, how are you feeling?" She said walking over to my charts.
"I feel ok. My head and wrist hurt a bit."
"Well that's normal. After we get the cast on your wrist, it'll hopefully ease the discomfort. We'll increase your pain medication though. Your concussion wasn't severe, so the pain will subside after a week of medication." She said. Then she turned to Grandma. "Has she eaten yet?"
"No, but she's drunken water."
"Ok, but you need to eat something soon." She said pointing at me.
"I--I'm not that hungry..."
She didn't answer, but she put something in my IV. "You May feel side effects from the concussion, such as dizziness, fatigue, and pain, if you start vomiting, or fainting tho, come back in."
"Hmmm so I'm a fainting risk?" She nodded and looked at me. "So do I get to be carried around like a princess by the boys?" I said smiling innocently at them, who made faces and looked at each other.
  She chuckled and glanced at them with a wink. "Well if you feel the need to, I'm sure these nice gentlemen would be more then happy to oblige." She said teasingly. The boys muttered something incoherent and we all laughed.
"We're all going on a trip to the Caribbean in two weeks. Am I gonna be ok by then?"
"Sweetie, don't you want to postpone that?"
"Nope. Doctor?" I said with a grin, bouncing on my bed a little and looking at Dr. Greene hopefully.
"I don't see why not. You'll just have to get the cast removed while your there."
I smiled. "Awesome."
"Ok everything looks good here so I'll have them discharge you and you'll be out of here." She said with a kind smile before walking out.
"Thank you!" I called after her as she left. "Hehehe lets go my peasants." I said with a grin, making everyone look at me.
"Hey just because your a vegetable doesn't mean we're your servants now." Nathan said rolling his eyes with a sarcastic grin. I smiled.

********

The next morning, we came back and my blue cast was put on, and I got a new bandage on my head. Grandma looked at me as we left the doctors again, and took a picture of me standing by the entrance as I smiled. I was guessing she was going to send it to the whole family like she always did so everyone would know I'm okay.
Grandma took me home and got me a "special place" in the living room. My grandma had to convince my brother not to come home to see me and make sure I was ok. She wanted him to stay in school and it's not like I was dying. My brother goes to college in Colorado by the way. Anyway, I sat down and turned on Greys Anatomy while grandma made us some popcorn and tea. She set down everything on the tray and sat down in the chair next to the couch.
"You need anything?" Grandma asked nervously.
"No thanks."
"Okay." She said, releasing a breath. "Anyway, I talked to Angela today."
"Oh yeah? How is she? We haven't seen her much now that I think about it..." I said thoughtfully.
"She's been doing good."
The rest of the night kind of went by quickly, and I later fell asleep.

*******

I woke up the next morning, a bit ache-y, and so I took my pain killers. I sat up and looked for my water jug, which was a few feet away, on a side by our living room chair
I sighed and tentatively stood up, and the room started spinning a bit. I slowly started shuffling over, but I lost balance and fell, softly hitting the floor.
"Ashlyn?! Are you ok?" I heard grandma call.
"Yeah I'm good." I groaned.
Grandma ran in and helped me up quickly.
"Are you ok??" She asked, worriedly, eyes glossy. She looked like she was gonna cry and I didnt like it.
"I'm fine. I just couldn't reach my water jug."
"Ok...do you want anything for breakfast? You haven't eaten much in a few days."
I was about to say no because I hated breakfast but I looked at her again and nodded, just so she'd feel better. "Ok sure...just avocado toast would be good please." I said with a small smile. "Oh and I was going to go over to Alysa's today if that's ok?" I asked
"Yeah, I guess that's ok. I can drive you whenever your ready."
"Nah, it's ok I can drive." I said grabbing my water.
She looked at me sternly. "Absolutely not. If you don't me driving, then have Alysa come get you."
I sighed knowing she was probably right honestly. "Okayyy."
"I'll make your breakfast first but when you go don't forget your medication. Or your sling. Oh and-!"
"Grandma, I got it." I said laughing
"Okay, okay." She said hugging me. "Love you."
"Love you too." I said following her to the kitchen to eat.

*******

"So what do you wanna do?" Alysa asked from the couch.
"I don't know. Where's mom and dad?"
"Work,"
"Oh, well wanna go to tc?"
She bit her lip. "Are you sure you shouldn't just relax?"
I groaned for a long time and rolled my eyes back as I flopped back over the couch, and Alysa chuckled. "Everyone needs to stop saying that."
"Ok, ok, we can go. Starbucks and lunch? Or did you wanna shop, or catch a movie or...?"
"How about lunch and boba?"
"Ok lets go."

*******

We got Panda Express and sat down. We ate and talked about random shit, then got boba tea at our favorite place and went home.