one

-Tyler's P.O.V-

Two weeks. Fourteen days.

It had been fourteen days since we lost Josh.

Well, his memory that is.

Josh had amnesia. He lost everything he once knew. The doctors said we couldn't tell Josh anything about his past otherwise it could cause some sort of "psychic breakdown". Whatever that meant.

I still recall everything that happened that night we found out.

-FLASHBACK-

"Who are you?" Josh leans his head back.

(Y/N) inches away slowly as Jenna turns her head at me, lost.

His girlfriend nervously chuckles. "J-Josh that's not funny."

Josh looks at me then Jenna then (Y/N).

He just shrugs.

"Who?"

-FLASHBACK END-

I didn't know what to think of any of this. Josh was about to propose to the love of his life after receiving an award from one of the biggest award shows in music. Nothing about this is fair.

I just can't imagine how (Y/N) must feel, she didn't even know Josh was gonna ask her to marry him.

Jenna and I were staying with Josh in his L.A. house until he gains his memory back.

That is..if he does.

We haven't spoken to (Y/N) in days. She doesn't call or visit, the only time I ever speak to her is when she needs and update on Josh which rarely happens.

Suddenly, Josh comes downstairs and starts to look around.

I've noticed he's been "searching around" a lot lately. Like he's misplaced something and trying to re-trace his steps.

Seeing Josh enter his garage, I follow right behind, leading me to the door frame and Josh in front of his old drums.

He didn't even remember Twenty One Pilots...

It's as if everything Josh had fought so hard for suddenly left.

I bite the inside of my bottom lip.

"Did I..."

My thoughts leave as I turn my attention to my clueless best friend, eyes widening.

Josh grasps onto his drumsticks and looks up at me.

"Did I play the drums?" He simply asks.

I take a deep breath in. "Y-Yeah! You did play the drums. Why don't you, uh, why don't you try it out?" I encourage, stepping in front of Josh's drum set as he sat down in the seat behind.

Josh moves one stick into each hand and blinks. He bites his lip before continuing.

Josh hits a cymbal then looks up at me. I nod.

He goes to hit another before sighing and dropping his shoulders

...

A little while later, I find myself in the living room, resting my head on my wife's shoulder.

"He'll get better. Josh is tough, he will get through this." She speaks.

I just brood.

"What if...Josh never recovers though? What if my best friend is gone?" I start to become emotional.

"Don't say things like that. We need to stay positive. For all we know, he could be better by tomorrow." Jenna rests her head on top of mine and takes in a breath. "Don't worry, my love."

I breathe in as well.

She's right. Josh is tough.

He'll get through this.

...

...

Are you sure about that?

.

.

.

A/N: SO i'm not happy.

this chapter was soooo much better before i had to re-write it after it somehow got deleted????? i was peeved bc i couldn't remember much i wrote in the original first chapter

anyway this is not a good start but i hope u give the rest of the book a chance. trust me, the original first chapter was much better than whatever this was. it was longer and had more explaining and words that i'm sure i left out and am gonna have to find some way to explain in the next chapters and UGH i'm so mad.

so again, sorry for the first chapter being such a dumb start.

but! on the bright side,

welcome to book three.

-b