twenty two

-Josh's P.O.V-

Tyler, Brendon and I have been searching for the engagement ring for about fifteen minutes now.

No luck.

"It's gotta be here somewhere..." I mutter to no one in particular as I continue looking.

A glimpse in the corner of my eye catches my attention as I turn toward the shimmer.

-Your P.O.V-

I stop in my tracks.

A small smile creeps on my face as the figure turns around and makes eye contact with me.

Delilah.

"Holy..."The girl whispers.

Karma giggles and introduces us to each other.

"(Y/N), Delilah. Delilah, (Y/N)."

"Uh, duh I know who you are! I'm a big fan of Broken Castle." Delilah reaches out a hand and I shake it.

"Aw, thanks! It's so good to finally meet you, I've heard so much." I greet her generously and sit down on the twins's couch.

Delilah sits across. "All good things I'm hoping." She laughs and I chuckle in return.

"No, of course, don't worry." I wink at Karma and she death glares back.

I've only known Delilah for a minute but I already know her and Karma need to happen.

After about an hour of talking with everyone and just Delilah and I getting to know each other, I try to excuse myself

"Uh, Grayson. Do you hear that?"

Grayson looks at me. "Uh...what?" He cluelessly responds.

"I think it's coming from upstairs..." I point.

Delilah and Karma exchange an awkward, unaware glance.

Grayson carefully listens. "I-I don't hear-"

"Oh, well we're gonna investigate! You two stay here!" I grab Grayson's arm and drag him up the stairs to leave Karma and Delilah alone in the living room.

"Ow, ow. Okay, what's up?" Grayson questions my actions as we finally make it upstairs.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I whisper.

Grayson shrugs, still clueless.

I roll my eyes. "We should set Karma and Delilah up!"

"...Set them up for what?"

"Oh my god, G. Set them up together." I explain.

"Oh! You think?" He tilts his head, crossing his arms.

"Yes! Delilah is so cool and Karma needs a loving girl like her to date! Come on, don't you think they connect so well?"

"You're not exactly wrong...but how are we gonna do that without being suspicious about it?" Grayson asks.

"Hm..." I cross my arms, mirroring Grayson.

Time to brainstorm.

-Josh's P.O.V-

"Sorry we didn't find the ring, buddy." Brendon places a hand on my shoulder. "Do you wanna continue searching or just...forget it?"

I thought that glimpse I saw was gonna be the ring but I must've been seeing things.

"That's okay. I'll have to think about it." I respond.

"Okay, well if you ever need anything, you can always call me. Oh! And when you're ready to try to propose again, you're gonna tell me right?"

"Of course, man. See ya." Tyler and I exit Brendon's and start walking towards the vehicle.

"Ugh. I can't believe we didn't find it where could it be?" I complain to Tyler as we're about to enter the car.

"I don't know. I just-"

"Bark!"

...What?

"Bark, bark, bark!"

Tyler and I make eye contact and look around to find where the barking is coming from.

I look to my left and see a dog near me, sniffing my leg.

"Woah! Uh, hey there little guy." I smile as I squat down to pet the animal.

"Aw." Tyler walks over and joins me in petting the dog.

Just then a person runs up to me.

"Oh, goodness, I'm sorry, the dog got loose while I was walking him!" The girl picks up the small animal and explains.

"Don't worry about it! He's so cute, what's his name?" I ask, still smiling along with Tyler.

"Oh, actually he doesn't have a name yet! Not until someone adopts him. I volunteer at an animal shelter with a few other people and we take care of the dogs and cats that haven't been adopted yet." She says, petting the dog.

"Aw, that's sweet." I make eye contact with the dog for a second and tilt my head.

What a cutie...

"Hey..." I look at Tyler and Tyler tilts his head at me.

I look back at the girl. "Where is this animal shelter?"

.

.

.

A/N: WOW i updated, woo.

i hope u guys enjoyed this chapter, hopefully u can figure out just why i put that little scene in at the end ;-)

questionsss:

- do you think u and grayson are gonna succeed in setting up karma and delilah? what should u guys do to get them together?

- what do you think josh is gonna do now that he can't find the ring?

let me know!

i love u all, thanks for reading <3

stay

rad.

-b