Come Home (Daryl x Reader Imagine)

I sigh as I sit on top of the watch tower at Alexandria. I've been in the same spot for almost 2 weeks. Daryl has been missing for 3 weeks. Gone without a trace and my heart breaks more and more everyday. Everyday I wake up to an empty bed.

          "Y/n, Why don't you take a break for a little bit?" Rick asks me from down below.

          "I'm good." I tell him, but we both know. I'm far from good. I'm not even ok.

          As Rick walks away and I'm left to the silence again, I look up at the millions of stars and begin to sing quietly.

~Hello world
Hope you're listening
Forgive me if I'm young
For speaking out of turn
There's someone I've been missing
I think that they could be
The better half of me
They're in the in the wrong place trying to make it right
But I'm tired of justifying
So I say to you~

          My voice gets slightly louder with each word, as I sing my heart out for Daryl to come home.

~~Daryl's pov~~

          I keep walking down the road, my legs begging me to rest, but I ignore it. I know I need to get home to my beautiful Y/n. I slowly begin to stop as I hear the beautiful voice of Y/n.

~Come home
Come home
'Cause I've been waiting for you
For so long
For so long
And right now there's a war between the vanities
But all I see is you and me
The fight for you is all I've ever known
So come home
Oooh~

          I walk quicker as I hear every word she sings. I walk up to the gate, and see her at the watch tower, eyes closed with tears going down her face.

          "Baby, I'm home."

~~Y/n's POV~~

          I sing and close my eyes and get lost in my singing. Crying for Daryl. I'm completely lost in my singing that I don't even hear the familiar footsteps.

          "Baby, I'm home." The very familiar voice that I've missed so much breaks me from my singing. I look down and see my  Daryl standing at the gate smiling. I climb down the watch tower at record speed and open the gate. I jump onto Daryl, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. Holding him tightly, just as he does to me.

          "I missed you so much Dar." I say to him, using the nickname he learned to love.

          "I missed you to baby. More than you know." He said and I could feel him smile against my neck. He slowly lowers me to the ground and grabs my hand.

          "There's a reason I left." He says and stares into my eyes, as I do the same. I give him a slight confused face that slowly turns into complete shock and he slowly lowers to one knee. He pulls out a blue box, that has some dirt on it.

          "Will you marry me?" He ask as he opens the box to a beautiful ring inside.

          "YES YES YES YES!" I cheer and jump back into his arms

          "YES YES YES YES!" I cheer and jump back into his arms. Crying once more but from happiness. I pull back as he slips the ring onto my finger. He smiles brightly at me. We slowly stand up and get inside Alexandria.

          "I love you." I say to Daryl as we get back inside. He locks the gate and puts his hands on my waist, kissing me with passion.

          "I love you more." He says to me and kisses me once more.

AN: Hi guys! Hope you like this story. :) It originally wasn't gonna be this long..but it definitely turned out better than I thought it was going to. :)