2

Y/N
-

When the time for the first game of the season came around, we flew out to Portland three days early, and I got to stay with Tobin instead of in a hotel, and I appreciated the fact that I could stay with my fiancee and baby girl, who were both waiting for me at the airport, so when I saw them, I ran right over to them and took Hope from Tobin's arms, of course, the team hadn't left yet, so Ali, Ashlyn, Alex, and Syd were on their way over to say hi, and I had to fight off the girls as they tried to get Hope away from me, and smiled as Hope made her excited little noises, looking up at me.

"But come on, Y/N."  Ash says and I shake my head.

"My baby." I say and smile as Tobin wraps her arms around my waist.

"So like, I don't care if this is rude, but I'm taking my girls back home." Tobin says before practically dragging me out of the airport and to her car that seriously needs to be replaced and she drove home.

The entire stay in Portland, I practiced with the team when we were supposed to practice and the rest of the time was family time, up until game time, Hope was in town, so she'd watch Baby Hope during the game. Tobin and I both had a hand in getting Hope a field seat so fans wouldn't bother her or the baby.

"You're going down." Tobin says to me as we walk into the stadium together and I snort.

"Whatever lets you sleep at night, love." I say, pecking Tobin on the lips before heading into the locker room as she heads to the Thorns locker room.

-

Portland lost, 5-2, and I stayed in Portland an extra day before flying back to Orlando, I was picked up by Ashlyn and went to bed as soon as we got home, Hope kept Tobin and I up all night last night, and I was just ready for some sleep, which I got. Because the next time I woke up, Ashlyn was yelling at me that I needed to get up and get ready to head to practice, which I did, and we drove to practice separately like usual. Got dressed like always, and grabbed breakfast, sitting with Ali, Syd, and Alex like usual and practiced hard, like always, but I stayed behind so I could accept the loan offer to Portland, which took about an hour to do, and then I went home and packed my shit with the help of Ashlyn. I was back in Portland in four days, and the club wanted me to do promotional pictures to announce my loan to Portland, so Tobin came with me and brought Hope with us, because there was no way in hell I wasn't taking a picture with her and Tobin. We got those done first, and then Tobin took Hope to the locker room while I was doing pictures with the colored smoke bombs, red and green were the two colors used, but I don't think we were going to use the pictures with the green smoke, they just didn't work as well as the red smoke did. The pictures took about two hours to edit and everything, so for those two hours, I was in a press conference about why I took this loan offer after winning a championship over this exact club, and after winning over them just a few days ago, so I waved my two answers onto the platform with me.

"So this is Tobin Heath, as you all know, her and I are getting married soon, who you don't know is that little bundle of joy in Tobin's arms, I say, taking Hope from Tobin so she can get a chair and sit down. "This is our adoptive daughter, Hope, and she's the number one reason why I've decided to come back to Portland for this season."

"Did you name the child? If so, did you name her after Hope Solo?" Someone in the back asks and I chuckle.

"I did name Hope, and sure, why not."

"What's the real meaning behind the name for you, Y/N?" Some lady up front asks and I smile down at Hope.

"A few years ago, I got a tattoo on my collarbone, it's the word hope, and Hope Solo saw it after that neutral Orlando/Seattle game here in Portland, she asked what it was for, and this is what I told her, I told her that life is nothing without a little bit of hope in it."