14

After a few minutes, Merritt comes over and demands she give me a concussion test, so I let Ashlyn take Hope off of my lap and walk a little ways away from the girls, going through the test.

"You really are hard headed." Merritt mumbles. "No signs of a concussion, you're fine." She says and I smirk.

"I told you." I say and Merritt gently slaps my shoulder.

"Go away, you damn tree." She says and I laugh as I walk away, but stop.

"Could you come tell my daughter that?" I ask and Merritt grins, nodding and walking with me back over to the girls, where I pick Hope up off Ashlyn's lap and turn back to Merritt, who smiles at my daughter.

"Your mommy is fine, little one." I say and Hope looks at her.

"Prove it." She says and Merritt looks at me, so I shrug,

"I guess I'll do another test." I say and Merritt takes Hope, with her permission, and holds her on her hip as she gives me a second test and tells me exactly what she just told me. Hope looks at me and holds her arms out to me, so I take my daughter back, smiling as she hugs me around my neck.

"Don't do that ever again." She says and I chuckle, rubbing her little back.

"I'll try not to, baby. Okay?" I ask and she nods against my collarbone.

-

When we got back to Orlando, I walk into the house with a sleeping baby in my arms, so as Tobin spots us, she comes and takes Hope before kissing me quickly.

"Don't you dare do what you did, ever again." She says, pinching my bicep before walking off and I rub where she pinched.

"Damn, in trouble with the wife."

"Still a few months early, Ash." I say to my best friend, taking my duffle from her so I can take it to mine and Tobin's room.

"I don't appreciate being pinched, Tobin." I say, wrapping my fiancée up in my arms as she comes over to me, Hope already laying in her crib, sound asleep.

"I don't appreciate having a heart attack when I hear that my fianceè took a hit in the head and kept playing without getting checked. You could've died on that field, Y/N." Tobin says and I sigh, resting my forehead against hers.

"I got checked after the game."

"And?"

"You guys always say I'm hard headed."

"You're perfectly fine." Tobin says and I nod. "How in the hell."

"Magic."

"No, it's called dumb luck." Tobin says, gripping the back of my neck.

"Ow, babe."

"You scared me half to death, I'm still mad at you." She says and I sigh.

"Can I at least have another kiss? I missed you." I say, leaning in, opening my eyes when I feel a finger press against my lips. "Tobs."

"You're sleeping on the couch tonight." She says and I whine. "Don't whine at me, Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N." She says and I swallow hard.

"Pulling out the full name." I say and she raises a brow at me. "Better go get comfy on that couch." I say and she nods.

"That's a girl." She says as I grab my pillow and a blanket for later, it was barely 5, so I wasn't going to bed just yet, even though a nap sounded really good right about now.

-

The next day, in the morning, I groan as I wake up to Liebe pacing around on my stomach.

"Ugh, Liebe, honey." I whine out, sitting up, looking at the adorable Pit Bull on my stomach. "What do you need?" I ask the canine and she huffs at me. "You're hungry." I say, following her to the kitchen, where her bowl was empty. "Tobin, I swear," I mumble as I fill the bowl.