10

I spent the whole day with Y/N and Hope, and I loved it. I loved any time I got to spend with my girls. After Y/N ate her breakfast, I went to do the dishes, while she gave Hope a bath, and when I finished with the dishes, Y/N was still in the bathroom with Hope, so I just leaned against the door frame and watched the two. My two favorite girls.

"You just gonna stand there or are you gonna come help me with this little monkey?" Y/N asks and I smile, walking over and kissing Y/N's cheek before taking some of the suds and giving Hope some Jimmy Neutron hair. "Not what I meant, you dork." Y/N says, wiping the suds off our daughter's head, and putting some on her nose with a cute little smile. "Alright, I'm done. Go get her towel for me please." Y/N says and I nod, going and getting her Paw Patrol towel. Hope likes the puppies, she always points at them when the show is on. When I return with it, Y/N lifts our little girl out of the water, and I wrap her up in the towel, carrying her into the room. You know where her clothes are, I'm gonna get a quick shower." Y/N says, and I nod, kissing her quickly before she closes the bathroom door and I smile at Hope, laying her on the bed so I can put her in a diaper, and dress her before sitting with her and Liebe in the living room, Kaycee had to go somewhere, but left cameras all over the place. Just doing her job. She was really cool from what I've seen. After a while, Y/N comes out, her hair still wet, and a smile on her face, so I smile as well, accepting the kiss she leans down for. "You know, this might just be my best birthday to date." Y/N says, sitting beside me, taking Hope from me and setting her in her lap.

"And why's that?" I ask, and Y/N smiles at me.

"Because you're here, we've got Hope, and I thought that how I'd spend today was upset at practice, and a pathetic little Skype call with you while I try not to cry in front of you or in front of Hope, having to get Ashlyn to take Hope to the park so I could just bawl my eyes out because I miss you that much." Y/N says and I kiss her forehead. "I love you." She says and I smile.

"It wasn't my idea. It was Ashlyn's." I say and she nods.

"I'll have to jump on her when she gets back." Y/N says and I smile.

"You know I can't stay much longer after today, right?" I say and Y/N's smile drops and she sombers up relatively quickly, wrapping Hope up in her arms and resting her chin on Hope's shoulder.

"Yeah, I know." She says and I sigh as I see the tears brimming her eyes.

"Y/N/N." I say and Y/N looks at me. "I'm sorry." I say and she sighs, looking away from me.

"I know." She says and I sigh, reaching for her hand, furrowing my brow when she pulls her hand away and gets up, heading into her room with Hope, coming out with her phone, her bag, and Liebe's leash, a stray tear resting on her cheek. She looks at me and sets Hope in my lap. "I've got to go. I'll be back in a while." She says, her jaw locked as she leaves and I sigh, holding Hope as Y/N kneels, puts Liebe's harness on her and hooks the leash onto the harness, leaving the house.

"Muh!" Hope says and I sigh, kissing the top of her head. After a while, I lay on the couch with Hope, just watching Tom & Jerry, when Hope starts trying to speak again, just the sound of the letter 'm' at first, until she turns to me and puts her hands on my chest. "Mommy." She says, looking at me and I smile, scooping hope up and kissing her little cheek repeatedly.

"Oh my god, baby, you did it! I'm so proud of you!" I say and she giggles as I tickle her. Once I've calmed down, she says it again.

"Mommy." She says and I sigh.

"Mommy went out, babygirl." I say, fixing her shirt.

"Ma." She insists and I raise a brow.

"What about her? You want me to go after her?" I ask and she nods.