11

In the morning, I woke up early, and decided to play The Last Guardian since it was a Saturday and the team had a day off, I had Hope sitting with me, and Liebe had her head in Hope's lap, so, Hope was playing with Liebe's collar and ears while I fought with the less than ideal camera mechanics of the game, and enjoyed the game for maybe the sixth time since it's release, I mean, one play through a year for the game, not excessive, not neglective, just appreciative, y'know?

"Hey." I hear Tobin say as she sleepily pads into the living room where I was, and I smiled, pausing the game and kissing Tobin when she leans in. "I couldn't feel you or hear Hope, I got worried." Tobin says, her morning voice sending shivers down my spine as she sits beside me and wraps me up in her arms, Hope joins us, and so does Liebe

"We woke up early, and I decided to let you get some more rest, so we came out here so I can play some video games." I say and Tobin kisses my temple.

"You're such a geek." She mumbles into my ear, and I bite my lip, smiling.

"Yeah, I know."

"A sexy geek." She whispers, running her hands on my sides and I sigh. "I know love, I know you're still scared, I'm just appreciating what I'll be able to go to sleep and wake up next to for the rest of my life." Tobin says and I feel myself blush.

-

After a few hours, I had beaten the game two hours prior to when Ashlyn came out of her room, and Tobin took Hope to the park to play and have some time alone with our child, so as the two girls in my life are still gone, I take the chance to talk with Ashlyn.

"What's up?" Ash asks, sticking a spoonful of peanut butter into her mouth, offering me some, so I shrug, nodding and watching my best friend grab another spoon, scoop some peanut butter out for me, and handing me the spoon.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"About?" Ashlyn asks, obviously fighting with the peanut butter.

"I feel like I want to take the next step in mine and Tobin's relationship. But I'm not sure." I say and Ashlyn shrugs.

"You said that a while ago, but it turns out you weren't; the best I can say is to try it out and see where it leads, but let me know so I can remove everyone but the two of you from the house." Ashlyn says and I shrug.

"I feel a little ballsy, so I'm putting you and Kaycee on Hope duty tonight."

"To Ali's house we go later." She says and I shrug.

"You aren't laughing or freaking out or questioning if I'm sure about this."

"Meh, you're getting married, you have a child, our fans know about you and Tobin, I have no room to laugh or question you about that if I can't even bring myself to tell the world about Ali and I, and we've been together longer than you and Tobin have known each other." Ashlyn says and I shrug.

"We all have scars from our past that we don't want to be ripped open again." I say and Ash nods. "For me, it's sex, for you, its people outside of those you know you can trust, knowing about your relationship." I say and Ash nods.

"Maybe one day I'll heal like you have."

"And I hope that I'll still be your best friend when that day comes."

"The only way you won't be my best friend is if you try dating my girlfriend. Or something like that. I dunno. You'll never not be my best friend. That's my point." Ash says and I chuckle. "Alright, go do your thing." Ash says, so I shrug and walk around the counter, smacking her hand away from the peanut butter. "Wh-hey!" She protests and I shrug.