17

A few days later, Tobin's folks called her asking if they could spend the day with us, but I had already made plans to head down to Miami, so I didn't go. I also figured Tobin would like some time alone with Hope, because Hope is usually glued to me, unless I'm practicing, the morning was hellish. Hope wouldn't stop crying no matter what. When Tobin would pick her up, she'd reach for me, and grab for me, all while sobbing her tiny head off. After a while, Hope cried herself to sleep, and Tobin got her into the car seat. Now, here I am, in Miami, doing some shopping. I would've brought Ash or someone, but Ash has PT, Alex was spending this week off, over in California with Servando, Ali was busy, I think with something related to Kyle, Sydney was spending the day at the midwife's office, because she's finally pregnant after two miscarriages after Cassius came along, and finally, Carli was at her husband's tournament in Jacksonville. As I'm shopping, though, I reach for something at the same time that someone else does, and I look over, but freeze when I instantly recognize the woman peering back at me.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She apologizes, and I take a breath to calm myself.

"N-no. You're good." I say, and she looks at me for a long while.

"Hey, aren't you that soccer player? Y/N Y/L/N?" She asks, and I nod.

"Y-yeah." I say, and she smiles.

"Are you okay?" She asks, and I nod, finally coming to terms with the fact that this is actually happening.

"Uh, Yeah. Sorry. I was just having a mini panic attack. I'm good now." I say, and she smiles. "I'm so sorry. It's so nice to meet you." I say, holding my hand out for her to shake, and she smiles, shaking my hand.

"So how is your family?" She asks, and I shrug.

"They're off with Tobin's parents. I had this trip planned for a while, so Tobin knew I wasn't going to join them.

-

Later that night, as Tobin and I were crawling into bed together after putting Hope to bed in her new 'big girl' room, Tobin asked me how my day went.

"I got some shopping done, I did what I needed to, and you'll never guess who I ran into while shopping for you."

"None of the Orlando girls." Tobin says, her brow furrowing as she thinks.

"Nobody soccer related."

"Dancer?" Tobin asks, and I shake my head. "Musician then." She says, and I nod.

"Yeah."

"I'm not sure."

"I ran into Lauren mother fucking Jauregui.  And we went shopping together!" I say, unable to hide my excitement any longer.

"Really, babe?" She asks, and I nod, pulling out my phone to show her the picture we took together.

"We even exchanged numbers."

"Fate is a funny thing. Isn't it?" Tobin asks, and I smile.

"Yeah." I say, laying down beside my fiancée, and scooting close, once we're comfortable, I Press my forehead to hers.

"You ready for tomorrow?" She asks, and I sigh.

"Yeah." Tomorrow was the day that the Heath Family moves out of the Aquarium. It was only to the house across the street, but we were moving out, and Ali was moving in. "The part about getting our stuff there is going to be easy, but I know I'll be stressed once everything is ready to be unpacked." I say, and Tobin nods, kissing my nose.

"I'll be by your side through the entire thing." Tobin says, and I laugh.

"You damn well better be, Tobin Powell Heath, we're in this together." I say, and Tobin chuckles.