5

A couple of days later, as we got into the stadium for practice, I carried Hope into the locker room and smiled as she stole everyone's attention, so I let Emily take her so Tobin and I could get dressed before taking Hope and slipping her tiny Thorns jersey on, Tobin's of course, I haven't asked for one of mine yet. For a vast majority of practice, she sits on the bench with one of the new trainers, only time she came off the bench was during water breaks when either Tobin or myself would go get her, she's been crawling for a while, but now she's getting closer and closer to crawling. Yeah, it's later than most kids start walking, but she wasn't the luckiest newborn, she's developing slower than most children, but the doctors say that she should outgrow it, but I'll believe it when I see it, and if she doesn't grow out of it, that's fine.

"Hopey!" Tobin encourages Hope as she wobbles to her feet as she clutches my hands. Fuck, I can't wait for Hope to start walking so she can start running around and having fun like she sees everyone do every day. "You did it!" Tobin says and I smile as I see her standing up, she lets go to clap, but loses her balance, so I catch her and hold her on my lap as she cries because the short fall scared her. That's the thing about little ones, most of the time when they fall or something like that, they cry because they're scared, not hurt. Learned that real fast with Bri. 

-

When we got home, I gave Hope a bath and put her down for her nap while Tobin got a shower, and once Hope was asleep, I got my own shower before taking my own shower, and raise my brow at Tobin in the mirror as she walks into the bathroom as I wash my face.

"Yes?" I ask and she holds up my clothes. 

"Thought you'd want these." She says and I smile.

"Thank you babe." I say, laughing as she shows that she wants a kiss on the cheek and I just rinse my face off before kissing her cheek without drying my face.

"Baby!" She exclaims, using her shirt to dry her face.

"Shh! You're going to wake Hope up." I say and she groans.

"I knew you'd do that!" She exclaims again, so I toss the towel I just used to dry my face onto the counter, grab her by the shirt and pull her into a kiss to shut up, and look at her when I pull away to see her slowly open her eyes and smile when she does. "Yeah, okay. I'll be quiet." She says and I nod before kicking her out of the bathroom so I can get dressed, and when I am dressed, I put the dirty towels in the hamper before walking over to Tobin who was organizing our hat collection, and wrap my arms around her waist and ghost my lips over her neck, making her gasp.

"I'm gonna go check on Hope." I say before walking off, smirking as I hear Tobin groan from the bedroom and poke my head into Hope's room to see her still sleeping like a log, so I quietly back out of the room and squeak as arms wrap around my waist.

"Payback." Tobin says, and I smack her arms to try to get her to release me. "You're not going anywhere." She says and I turn around in her arms before picking her up by the back of her thighs, catching her off guard, and I laugh at her wide eyes as I lean her against the wall.

"I think I win." I say before pecking her lips.

"Yeah, yeah, you definitely win." She says and I wink at her before letting her down and going down to find Liebe sitting on the bottom step with her leash and harness hanging from her mouth, so I sit beside her and scratch her head.