Wow. Sports Huh?

[Nicole Haughts POV]

The class went slower than expected. No matter how hard I tried to concentrate on whatever Mr. Ledderer was saying my mind kept going back to the girl next to me. I finally got her name, Waverly Earp. Short and sweet and it suits her. This brings me a question to my brain and it returns to this morning when I looked at the newspaper, the title read, "Wynonna Earp Returns To Mental Hospital". I probably shouldn't ask her about it, it seems a little personal.

The sound of the bell ringing snapped me out of my thoughts, as I grab the rest of my stuff and put it back into my backpack. I feel a hand grab mine and a sudden spark runs through me, instantly the hand retracts. I look up to see who it was that grabbed my hand it was none other than the girl who has been on my mind all throughout first period.

"Hey, What's your next class, I have History, which isn't bad because the teacher is that bad. Actually she is really sweet, and is awesome at teaching the subject. I'm rambling aren't I? I should stop." Waverly says rambling and blushing which make me smile, knowing that I make her nervous is going to be a pleasure of mine.

"Yes, I have History, but it seems I forgot what classroom she was in." I say with a smirk and smile at her as I finish putting my books away.

"Well I can take you there if you want." She says a little happy. With that Waverly and I make our way to our next class.

On our way we bump into a semi tall male with tattoos up his arms and his hair semi gelled back. He make these eyes at Waverly just just disgust me, he looks at her like she is his property. I form a fist and press my nails into the palm of my hand in order to not punch him in the face for looking at sweet Waverly.

"Hey Wave, how was your first period? Also who is the hottie next to you?" He asks her right in front of her, and you can tell that his snide comment wasn't going to get by without consequences.

"Champ, Need I remind you that I am YOUR girlfriend? This "Hottie" is the new transfer student Nicole Haught. Now if you'll excuse us we have a class to get to Champ." Waverly says this emphasizing the p sound in his name. She grabs my hand and leads us away from him.

"Well that was certainly interesting, Who was that?" I ask dumbfoundedly. She swerves on the bottom on her heels and just looks at me with her beautiful hazel eyes.

"That was my dumbass boyfriend Champ, Star Quarterback for the school. He is so stupid, not for saying that you aren't you know hot but he is my boyfriend." Waverly says a little agitated.

"Ah, so you're straight then." I say as we walk into the classroom and pick our seats.

"Well, yes and no. I am what you would refer to as a Unicorn." She says with a smile on her face.

"Ok. So you're bisexual than. Why did you call yourself a unicorn... oh... nevermind." I say a bit slower to catch on than usual but still I never would have imagined that I might have a chance with someone so beautiful.

Time Skip

Lunch came around and at this time I would go to my ROP class but I remembered that there were soccer tryouts after lunch/ during lunch. I quickly go to the field that happened to be right outside the gym. I see that the cheer squad has taken the right side of the football field and the left side seems to be filled with boys and girls ready for some soccer. Soccer balls are scattered everywhere while some of the girls are stretching some of the boys are gawking at the cheerleading tryouts across the way.

I walk over to the bleachers on the left side and set my backpack down before I start heading the the girls locker room. I begin to walk over when music starts playing behind me. I can't help but stop and watch the best scene unfold right before my eyes. I see Waverly Earp in a navy blue, white and silver cheerleading outfit with 'Blue Devils won her chest. She starts to dance a routine I am guessing she has been studying or has made herself and I am at a loss for words. I can't look away no matter how hard I try, it's like she has me in a trance. We lock eyes for a second and can see that the passion I them, as soon as I make that realization the passion turns to a lust as she just looks at me and it's like she is doing this show just for me.

The music ends and our eye contact is broken as she has to talk to the Cheer Coach and figure out what her next move is. I look away and quickly get to the locker room and change my pants to some tights and my shoes into cleats. I grab my duffle bag from it and make my way back onto the field. I hear the same music and I now see a different girl doing the same routine. I ignore her and grab my personal Soccer ball and begin to practice kicking the ball back and forth between my feet.

"So... you trying out for the soccer team huh?" I hear an angelic voice come from behind me making me lose my focus.

"I didn't know you cheered. Is this for your 'Star Quarterback?" I say stopping the ball before it got too far away from me.

"Yeah. But I also do it because one of my older sisters did it, She graduated a while ago." She said with a sadness in her voice, almost confirming the suspicion that the name on the newspaper saying that 'Wynonna Earp Returns To Mental Hospital' is her sister. This isn't helpful it just raises more questions!

The whistle blows from the Soccer coach signaling that tryout have begun. I smile at Waverly as she grabs a seat near my backpack on the bleachers to watch. This just means I need to show off my skills just like she showed off hers. They girls show up and line up with our own soccer balls in front of themselves. I look to Waverly and smile earning a smile back and two thumbs up, this makes me chuckle.

The coach's name was Mrs. Lord and she looks at all of us up and down, for what reason I can only assume to try to figure what are strengths and weaknesses were. I begin to hold my self as she walks by me, but before passing me she looks at my eyes and smirks.

"You, What's your name?" She says sternly.

"NIcole Haught." I say with confidence keeping my chin held high.

"You're going to be a goalie. I wanna see how fast you can stop them from entering the goal. You understand me?" She says pointing to the goal.

"Like flin." I say with a smirk and walk over kicking my ball towards waverly.

I grab a pair of gloves from my duffle bag before heading back to the net and preparing myself. All of the girls are set in a single file line with their ball in front of me. I bend my knees a little as I saw each girl kick each ball. I run back and forth from one corner to the center to another. I begin to sweat and the second wave comes. Once again trying to impress both Waverly and the Coach, I block every ball that comes my way. Sweat is dripping down my face and I bet this is not an attractive site.

"Ok girls, time to switch. Haught his the showers and come meet me in a few minutes." The coach tells me and I start to get all the glares from the rest of the girls. I hear a clapping sound from Waverly over by the bleachers carrying my ball and running towards me.

"Hey Waves, Enjoy the show?" I ask as I reach down for my dufflebag while taking my gloves off.

"It was quite a show. I will say that for sure. I didn't know you did sports. But I get it, You're a lesbian not a unicorn right?" She says as I almost choke on my spit.

"What?"

"What?"

"Anyway, to the lockers?" I say throwing my gloves into the duffle bag and walk back towards the locker room.

"Sure. I think we are done anyway." Waverly says looking back at the cheer tryouts and begins walking by my side. I smile and hope I did well.

____________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note:

I know that this is a longer chapter but i felt like writing a loner one. Please let me know if you guys want to see the rest of this book in a character's POV, because than i will be able to update more often and will have more chapters. For now the next one will be in Waverly's POV. if the decision isn't made by chapter 5 then i will make the decision. Anyway enjoy this chapter.