Chapter Five

Christopher was making his way through the corridors that led up to Maister's chambers when a gust of air threw him up against the ceiling. He tried to move, but he was pinned up against the stonewalls.

He thrushed harder to free himself from the force that was holding him still, but with every move he made roots were growing out of the ceiling and snaking around his body. Sweat drops were beginning to form on his forehead.

He heard footsteps; someone was coming.

Joas stopped, looked at him and then moved on.

What had just happened? He was stuck on the ceiling and Joas simply walked passed him?

"Hey!" Christopher shouted at him. Joas did not even turn around.

Great! He thought.

Finally after twenty minutes he managed to free himself from the plants using an escape spell Maister had taught him. He made his way back to his room. He had a lot of studying to do.

Tomorrow the mock wars were starting and he needed to master the defence spell of the air element.

As Maister had informed him this morning, he would be in charge of the magisters east barracks air defence.

◇◇◇◇

"Hello Joas."

"Evening Zanti."

Two minutes went by were none of the men uttered a word.

"Yes?" Maister said with one eyebrow raised.

"I wanted to get an update on Christophers' training so far. I don't have many hopes judging from what I saw in the corridor a while ago."

"I see. Well, have a seat," he said, gesturing at the chair across his desk.

"He's doing well, but not as well as I had expected," he paused, taking in a deep breath. "The problem is that he remembers his earthly life so vividly that he is not able to focus and let go. To let his mind be free of the earthly restrictions."

"Hmmm..." Joas hummed scratching his head. "Then we'll have to do something about it. Where is he located tomorrow for the mocks?"

After getting the info he needed, Joas swiftly left the room.

◇◇◇◇

Christopher was standing for the last two hours on the make shift wall of the east barracks switching his attention between the sky and the forest, looking out for any movement that the 'enemy' was approaching.

He was starting to get bored. He looked at the barracks behind him. Cloudsoldiers were making themselves busy by reinforcing the already strong obstacles, in his opinion.

Suddenly there was a loud noise and ground started shaking. He crouched down next to the wall and put his hands to his ears to block the noise. A flash of water broke through the wall wrecking everything in its way.

The current of water was moving at high speed. It would be a matter of minutes before it reached the barracks.

Panic started to take over him.

He looked up in the sky; 'enemy' cloudsoldiers were close. He started to hyperventilate. He was responsible for the defence of the barrack. He had to do something. He was the One for f*ck sake!

The water hit him hard, without thinking he connected to the air element and hit back as hard as he was being hit.

__________

A short chapter this time.

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to comment and vote

♡♡♡♡