Chapter Twenty Nine

Stella could feel the staccato rhythm of her heart beat against her chest. She gazed at the sky in search of the tranquillity that eluded her. The stars were engulfed in a purple hue twinkling on the clear blue sky, indicating that the night had fallen. She tightened her grip on the ledge of her private veranda.

She sensed the bitter taste of danger that was fast approaching. The stars seemed to be blinking at a rhythm that matched her unsettling heart tonight, she batted her eyelids in an effort to focus her sight. She had promised Evelthon not to warn her sister.

The subtle click of their adjoining room door alerted her that her husband was joining her. Warm rough hands caressed her shoulders. "A penny for your thoughts, my Queen."

"I don't believe you wish to hear my thoughts dear," she said.

"I thought we had agreed upon the matter."

"Evelthon," she sighed, "I can feel the danger, you can feel it too. I know you can, don't you dare deny it. This is not just a prissy fight between you and Koti on who has the biggest ego. There's more to it, I am certain."

"I will not agree, nor disagree with you Stella. However, I cannot just break the rules of Castle Gold. The very same rules that I have placed in the first place just because you, I, or anyone in this Castle has a bad feeling that something might happen."

"So you do sense malice in the atmosphere?" she insisted.

He turned Stella's body towards him and drew her in his embrace, "What I sense is not of importance."

As she lay her head on his muscular chest she tagged his shirt. "But don't you see, it is significant. You have the gift, the power, you are the One, and I have my visions. If we can sense this then we must do everything and anything we can to guard the Kingdom. Not just Castle Gold."

"My Queen, I believe you are misguided in your worry for your sister. And besides, the people of Silyn have made their choice a long time ago," he said.

Stella tilted her head and looked at him straight in the eyes. "You are a very stubborn man, my King. You will not change your mind no matter what I say," she whispered.

"What gave it away?"

"Your brooding hug," she snapped.

"My brooding what?"

"Hug, my handsome husband, your brooding hug," Stella said as she glided her fingers on his bulging muscles.

"Stella," he breathed, "that will not change my decision."

"Have you even considered why King Koti decided to accept your invitation so close to the winter solstice to visit Castle Gold?"

"What are you getting at?" He questioned.

"I'm just saying that it is very interesting that he had waited for the summer solstice to pass after you extended the invitation to him to accept," she said.

"I can appreciate the fact that he would be cautious of us, and visit only when we are at our weakest to shield himself better from any impeding danger. That is the decision of a wise King," Evelthon countered.

"And how are you so certain that it was only to shield himself and his people?"

"You are grasping at straws, my dear." He said, reached out his hand and gently caressed her gold, silky hair. "I can handle Koti and his army."

"Evelthon, you forget that he was adamant about me not touching his hand. That is not the reaction of a man with nothing to hide."

A sharp raspy knock echoed in the distance. They both twisted their heads towards the royal bedroom door.

"Who dares?" Evelthon growled.

"Annalise, my King," her muffled voice was heard from behind the door.

As Stella intertwined her fingers with Evelthon she mumbled, "Annalise never interrupts without good reason."

"Enter." He said as he manipulated the air element to grant access to Annalise. "You may proceeded."

She took five rushed steps and fell to her knee in front of the royal couple. "My King, I have bad news."

"Koti?"

"Not only King Koti and the Kalous people. Other islands have aligned themselves to Kalous and are preparing to move against us," she informed him.

"You have verified this information?"

"Yes, my King. I would never present such vital information without personally double checking."

"How many?"

"How many what, my King?"

"How many islands in the allegiance?"

"Confirmed five. Acamar, Dalim, Matar, Melep and Kalous."

Stellas stomach clenched as she heard the news Annalise gave the King.

"That traitor! He doesn't know what's coming for him. Annalise, get the sixth platoon ready, we are paying King Koti a friendly visit. Stella, call the high council to the war room." He barked and jumped into the air from the veranda flying no doubt towards Koti's fleet.

"You may rise Annalise. Please look after him," she pleaded.

"My life for his," she chanted with both hands placed on her heart.

______
Hi loves,

Another chapter completed.
What did you think? Will King Evelthon warn Silyn of the impending danger?

Don't forget to comment and vote!!!

❤️❤️❤️
Myro