Chapter Thirty Five

"Joas," a gentle deep male voice interrupted them. They looked up, Maister was stoically standing infront of the corridor deep purple doors. His hands clasped around his pendand so tightly that his knuckles turned white. His body drained of energy.

"Maister," Joas acknowledged and walked up to him.

"We need to speak," Maister said, his lips forming a thin line.

"Christopher, please join us," Maister motioned him.

At the sound of those words Lily's hand lightly squeezed Christopher's. He let go, and with furrowed eyebrows followed the two men through the doors. The corridor was blinding white, which caused Christopher to squint his eyes at first.

The two men where whispering with Joas slightly bending his head towards the old man to listen closely. Maister shoulders were slouched making him appear shorter than usual.

Christopher picked up his step to catch up with the men. They stopped once they reached a white door.

"Perhaps it is better if Christopher waited outside," Joas said.

"It would be, however I need him. I need his mage to save the Queen," Maister explained.

Joas lips turned ghostly as he pursed them in a thin line. "Does he know how to channel his mage properly?"

"I will guide him," Maister said.

Christopher regarded the two men as they were staring at each other. "I think Commander Joas is right. I don't know the first thing about using my mage to heal."

Maister patted him gently on the back. "Unfortunately, you are the only one who can help her at this moment."

"Me?"

"Yes, you. And since I am in charge of the castle when the Queen is unavailable, I order you to come inside and help," Maister said and pushed down the door handle.

The Queen's body lay still on a gurney. She was flanked by four healing magisters, two on each side. Each wearing a different color cloack. Brown and white on one side, red and blue on the other...the four elements at a stand off. "The placement is to play off each opposing power. Earth against fire, wind against water." Maister answered Christopher's unvoiced question. "Now, you will stand at the feet, and I at the head. On my signal we will all hover our palms on top of her body. Be very careful not to touch."

Christopher saw all the magisters slightly spread their legs apart, as if to have a stronger hold on the ground, and uncover their hands from within their cloaks. Maister started chanting ancient words and nodded his head. Six pairs of hands, palms open facing down hovered over the unmoving body. Christopher's breath caught in his throat as the energy seeping in the room suffocated him.

He was mechanically going through the motions, then...he felt it.

He felt it!

He felt that crackle at the pit of his stomach, spiraling, stretching his insides, slowly taking over.

Screaming within him to be let loose.

A thick layer of sweat formed on his forehead. He was tempted to wipe it off but Maister's eyes flinched to his in warning not to abandon his position. Struggling to keep both feet firmly on the ground he felt the energy hiss through him. It felt off, much different from the energy that had coursed through him when IT had claimed him, it felt darker, more bitter.

He watched as a charcoal colored tentacles emerged from his fingertips, swirling around leisurely making their way to the Queen's body. A vile taste rose up in his thoat. It feels...

Pain shot at his knees and he crumbled to the ground.

A shadow loomed over him.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing?" Joas hissed as he grabbed him by the collar and threw him up against the wall.
____________
Hi!

What will happen next?

Don't forget to comment and vote

❤️❤️❤️
Myro