Chapter Eight

Annalise rushed through the corridor towards the Golden room.

Her eyes sharply observing everyone as she passed them by, observing was her craft. The corridor was one hundred and fifty meters long, with twenty arches along each side. It was covered from top to bottom with black marble infused with gold stripes.

She paused for ten seconds as she reached the end, and then knocked on the double doors.

The doors flung open and a force held her captive two meters above the ground.

"Greetings Your Highness. You asked for me," she said lowering her head to the ground.

"I'm listening," he barked at her.

"The mock wars started today. Their numbers increased. They have some talented young souls."

"We'll see about that..." He growled.

Annalise felt her skin crawl. She was scared of King Evelthon. She respected him too; but If he was in one of his bad moods she wouldn't want to be the one standing in front of him.

"Did you locate it?"

"Not yet you highness," she responded.

"We must have it before the solstice Annalise," he informed her.

"We will have it."

"You may proceed watching over them. Pay attention to anything out of the ordinary. That so called Queen of theirs is up to something, I can smell it in the air."

"Your wish is my command my King, the..." With a twist of his eyebrow she was removed and the doors of the Golden room were slammed shut in her face, "rightful King of this kingdom," she uttered to herself.

She span around and started making her way out of the main building of Castle Gold. She flew out to her spy troops and gave them orders to keep watching the Silyn Army closely even after the mock wars.

The King was right that something was cooking within Silyn's walls. She noticed that the vegetation on the walls looked greener the last days. Their scout missions had also been more successful lately. It was her duty to find out what was going on.

They needed to find it. For the past five months, her spies came up empty. It was the key, it held the magic of the souls and it was well hidden in Silyn. In its absence, Silyn was weak. The diamond dome prevented King Evelthon and the magisters of Castle Golden to search for it within the walls of Silyn.

She wondered how would they find it when it moved freely within the walls?

◇◇◇◇

"Madelin, are they out there?" Joas enquired.

"Yes, Annalise just came back," she responded.

"Hmm, you ready to lead the donkey with the carrot?"

She chuckled. "And that is why you are the Chief Commander!"

"Ready when you are Madelin, let's give Annalise and her troops something to report back to their King," he informed her with a stern voice, but she knew him better than that; he was restraining his excitement for their little scheme behind that facade he put on for the soldiers.

She sobered up and stood firmly in the center of the circle. The signal that was previously agreed upon was given as she directed a small tornado towards the north barracks. The cloudsoldiers stationed there started to perform their parts of this charade by running around in panic. Pieces of wood were flying around, trees were ripped off, cloudsoldiers were flown around like rag dolls. The tornado wreaked havoc through the middle of the camp. After five minutes and right on queue Joas second hand marched into the camp shouting and drilling everyone.

"I really should try harder to convince Patrick to take part in our summer solstice play this year," she made a mental note. It was a grant event and she was in charge of it the last four years. This year specifically she was aiming for breath taking and mesmerising, since it would be her last year before handing the position to someone else.

"Dream on girly," Joas voice snapped her out of her daydream.

"I said that out loud didn't I? Be a doll and don't tell him. I'll even let you watch when I blackmail him," she offered with a grin.

"Now that, I would pay to watch."

_________

Hi everyone!!

Thanks for reading.

If you liked it please comment and vote!

♡♡♡♡