Chapter Nine

Annalise was watching the mock battle unfold. The troop was now listening their lieutenant with their heads dropped at their failure.

One of the soldiers looked up; he had a smile on his face. That did not look right. She knew Patrick, their lieutenant, Silyn's second in command back when there was only one Castle in the Cloud Kingdom; that was before King Evelthon ascended to the Cloud Kingdom. From her experience when Patrick was mad you did not smile if you valued your life. She now looked at the other soldiers closely through her telescope; the looks on their faces were not scared to her satisfaction.

"Jane come here," she ordered.

"Yes ma'am."

"Have a look at them and tell me what you see," she spat.

Jane took out her telescope and spied at the enemy camp. Cloudsoldiers were lined up next to each other. Some were slightly injured by the mock battle, but she was sure it would be an easy task for the magisters to heal them. Destruction all around the barracks, torn tents flying about, broken trees and rubble everywhere; again all this destruction would fixed by the magisters, they healed all that existed in this world. All but the ruins of firerain on our Cloud bodies, that the magisters could not heal.

"Well? What do you see?" Annalise voice brought her out of her thoughts and focused on the scene in front of her. Patrick was walking up and down barking at his Cloudsoldiers yet something didn't quite add up. She looked closer.

"They are not scared of him. Why?" Jane asked her.

"Exactly. Why are they not trembling in fear. I would if I was in their place."

"Maybe they are too tired to be fearful," Jane offered.

"Nope, you notice that some of them are trying to contain their smiles. It's as if they are satisfied with what they did," Annalise explained to her subordinate.

"Yes, I see what you are saying. They just lost there is only one reason they would they feel content about it," she turned and locked eyes with Annalise.

"It was all a ploy. They tricked us, they showed us what they wanted us to see." Annalise spat on the ground.

She kicked the rocks. She wanted to punch something badly. She took in a few deep breaths and tried to control her anger. She knew that anger would not help her think straight and logically. She needed to be logical to avoid making any mistake right now.

"Attention! Yellow squad, you will discretely circle around the perimeter of Silyn and check up on the other barracks. Red squad, you will stay here with me and continue to observe this little theatrical show that Silyn's Army decided to put on for us." She watched as her squads followed her orders.

"Jane come here. Take off your clothes," she commanded.

"What?" Jane whispered in a small voice.

"Not here, don't be embarrassed nobody will see us, behind those bushes. We are just going to exchange clothes. We are the same built and I want them." Annalise explained gesturing at Silyn, "to think that I am here still watching their little games. I need to figure out what they are planning," she said as she undressed herself. "Come on Jane, chop chop."

Annalise wore Jane's clothes decided to run towards the barrack, flying might get her spotted easily by the magisters of Silyn. As she was getting closer to the barrack she was careful not to step on any vegetation so as not to alert IT of her presence. She reached the barracks after twenty minutes and took cover behind a debris wall the tornado had created.

She could hear Patrick ordering the soldiers to clean up the mess and head to the dining hall for the day. As he made his way out of the barrack Patrick turned on his heels looked at his soldiers, "Well done troops, that should keep them satisfied and out of our hairs for a few days."

'What are you trying to hide Patrick,' she hissed under her breath.

_____________
Thanks for reading!!

How do you like the POV change?

If you liked it don't forget to comment and vote!!!!!

♡♡♡♡