Chapter Nineteen

Elijah and Christopher were sitting opposite each other on the desk waiting for Leo to come back with the book. Elijah was fidgeting with the hem if his blue T-shirt not being able to stay still in his seat. Christopher kept looking towards the direction Leo had taken off to hoping that his friend would be back soon. It had been ten minutes but it felt like they were waiting for ages for Leo to come back.

"What if he can't find the book", Elijah asked.

"He will." Christopher replied firmly.

"Yeah, but what if he doesn't?" He persisted.

"We'll think of something."

"Yeah, but what will be our plan if he doesn't find the book?" Elijah kept on.

"Eli, stop this right now. Pull yourself together," Christopher snapped.

"We need a backup plan is all I'm saying."

"Eli, relax. Everything will be fine."

"It's just that when I get nervous I can't control myself," Elijah said apologetically.

"You think?" Christopher said his voice filled with sarcasm.

"Yeah, usually Leo is the one who calms me down and talks me out of it." Elijah continued without picking up on the sarcastic tone Christopher had used, "Leo says I have a tendency to talk too much and over analyze when I'm nervous. I do this before battles as well, but it's only until the fighting begins. I'm usually fine once I get moving."

"Good to know." Christopher replied relieved to see that Leo was coming up to them.

"Did you find it?" Elijah asked.

"No, someone is using it. We need to wait until she's finished. Let's go and take a seat closer to the book isle," Leo said urging them along.

"Are we going to cast the spell as soon as we get the book and break into the restricted section now?" Elijah asked.

"Depends," Leo responded.

"On what?" Elijah persisted.

"If he will be able to cast the spell now or he will need time to be able to cast it correctly," Leo said gesturing at Christopher.

Elijah and Christopher exchanged glances, if Leo wasn't correct in what he was saying Christopher might have been offended by his comment. Leo picked up a couple of books as they walked passed the corridors and handed them to Christopher and Elijah.

"Don't look so horrified they both of you. It's pretend reading so you look the part, you know being in a library and all," Leo explained with a roll of his eyes.

"He does have a point," Christopher said to Elijah as the took a book each.

They settled down on a desk that ensured they had direct eye contact to the self the Spell Cast Book Volume III was to be returned. They opened up the books Leo had handed out to them trying to appear as inconspicuous as possible to the other cloudpeople in the Library.

Christopher felt a pinch on his arm. "Hey!" He turned to Leo protesting.

"Hold your book correctly," Leo said.

Christopher observed the way he holding the book, his hands were placed on either side of the book and he wondered if there was a wrong way to hold a book.

"Turn it around," Leo said as he elbowed him in the ribs.

A silent O formed on Christopher's lips and he switched the book's position. Elijah that was watching from across the desk started snickering, which earned him a good kick under the table from Leo. Elijah was rubbing his bruised sheen while pouting at Leo.

"Not even a little bit sorry bro," Leo flatly informed him. "Here she comes, she is carrying two books. One should be the one we need. Don't look at her."

Naturally, after being warned not to look at her Christopher turned around to catch a glimpse of the woman. She was tall and dark skinned. Her curly black hair had streaks of red strands going through them. Christopher had never seen anything more beautiful in his life on Earth and on Cloud Kingdom so far. She had an amazing yellow aura radiating around her.

"Stop gauging at her," Leo silently screamed.

"Who is she?"

"None of our business," Leo dismissed him.

"Madelin, her name is Madelin. She is a magister. A high level magister," Elijah informed him.

"Hmm," was the only response from Christopher.

"Forget her, you don't stand a chance," Leo said.

"Why do you say that?" Christopher asked.

"I have been in the Kingdom about a century, never have I ever seen her with someone."

"Maybe she was waiting for someone special," Christopher countered.

"Get over yourself," Leo said and smacked him on the head. "Come on, she put our book back. Let's hurry up and get it before someone else beats us to it."

◇◇◇◇

Madelin placed the books she was holding back on their shelves and proceeded to walk normally down the aisle. She made the corner and hit in the adjacent corridor stacked with books. The three guys had her attention when they entered the Library.

She had heard the gossip in the Kingdom about the One that was now claimed by IT and wanted to confirm for herself. However, there was something off about their behavior. They were up to something she was sure. She wondered what was the One doing with them in the Library, all he had to do was go to Maister's chamber and ask for the book he wanted; Zanti had all the books that were stocked in the public Library of Silyn. She saw them going for the spell book she had just placed back on the shelf.

Why would they need a spell book? Only one of them can cast magic spells...

She watched as they got the book and flipped through to the page they wanted. She used her magic and elevated herself. She was now on top of them.

"Now, why would you boys need to cast an invisibility spell one may ask oneself?" She enquired them.

___________
Hey!!

I'm really enjoyed writing this chapter. Hope you like reading it.

If you did enjoy it, don't forget to comment, vote and share!!!

♡♡♡♡