Chapter Thirty Three

Sweat drops started to form on the Queen's forehead. Iris held her hands up, palms facing outward, as if she was surrendering to the formless enemy.

"IT, calm down, you know that I am not the enemy."

Christopher watched from the side-lines, he tilted his head to the side and regarded the fearful Queen. Her facial features were contorted. The beauty and calmness she usually carried around was now gone.

This was the first time he had seen that amount of fear on Iris' face, or on anyone's face for that matter. She was the Queen of the earthly afterlife for so many years yet IT had her backed up against the wall.

And all of this was happening because of him.

"IT," Christopher voiced calmly, "Iris will not hurt me."

"Yes, I will not harm him," she quickly repeated.

IT did not back down on the contrary it moved closer to the scared Queen.

With her hand held high the Queen continued, "I will not harm him or even think about it again."

The crimson shadow swirled around the Queen as if it was contemplating the truthfulness of her words.

Christopher was also weighing the truth behind Iris words. He had felt on previous occasions that she was envious of the fact that IT had claimed him and not her. He had tried to show her that he did not care about power and ruling the Kingdom. His only concern was finding a way to reunite with his family.

He remained silent as IT moved closer and closer, engulfing the Queen. Christopher was not longer able to see Iris, an amorphous thick, red fog was before his eyes.

Loud gasping filled his cell.

IT was suffocating Iris, he realised he needed to stop IT.

"IT! Stop this!" He yelled. The chocking noises were getting louder. IT was not letting go, as if the life of the Queen held no importance to it.

"IT, stop. I beg you stop this. I refuse to be the reason another person looses their life," Christopher pleaded.

The crimson shadow crept closer to Iris. The fog's was decreasing in mass and the color was becoming more saturated. The gasps turned into screams.

Christopher took a hesitant step towards them. Then another. The screams were getting louder. He clenched his fists and jumped inside the mist.

He put his arms around the Queen who seemed so pale as if her life-force had been drained out of her body.

She started shaking uncontrollably.

"No, no, no," she mumbled through her trance. Christopher wasn't sure if she was talking to him or to IT.

"Noooooo," she screamed, he winced at the intensity of the volume and tightened his grin on her.

"IT I beg you, stop this. I am sure the Queen has learned her lesson," Christopher said as Iris collapsed. He struggled to hold her body from slamming on the floor.

He laid her comatose and stood up with his hands clenched into fists on either side of his waist. "What have you done? She is your friend, isn't she?"

Christopher's words bounced off of the walls. Everything appeared to be at a standstill. IT was not moving. Even the dust specks were frozen at that moment.

He loudly breathed out, "Can you fix this?" Christopher turned to look at the Queen once more, she hadn't moved an inch from were he had put her a minute ago. His heart felt heavy, this was his fault.

None of this would should have happened.

Christopher turned to face IT but IT was no longer there. The crimson shadow had vanished.

He started banging on his cell door, "Help! Guards. Help! Open up. Open up! The Queen. Guards open up!"

He rushed to his knees. Christopher placed to fingers on her neck and felt for her pulse. It was faint but it was there.

Relief washed over him.

He carefully placed her in the recovery position he had learned in his first aid class. He got up and started banging on the door again hoping that someone would eventually hear him and come.

_________
Hi everyone!!

It's been a while since I updated.
I hope you like this chapter.

Don't forget to comment and vote

❤️
Myro