Chapter Twenty Seven

Structured chaos - that was the current state of Christopher's brain. Images flashing through as if he was watching a slideshow. His mother, his father, his brother, Iris, Maister, Leo, Elijah, the merchant, the sword, the eagle eyed man, Melinda. He had failed them all.

Two days had passed since Melinda had dragged him back to Castle Silyn and locked him up in the dungeon.

Two days had passed since he had taken a mans life with a swing of his sword.

Two days had passed and he had not spoken a word to anyone. Two days.

Christopher had very skilfully managed to jump from one prison to another. At least this one isn't a wooden box, he taunted himself.

He walked for the hundredth time towards the far end corner of the cell and slowly slid down against the wall to the ground. He swiped his hands up and down his thighs trying to even out his breathing.

"You managed to get yourself in quite a situation Chris," Lily said, as she gently closed the door behind her.

Christopher glanced at her, but said nothing. He turned his attention on the insides of his hands.

"Still refusing to talk I see," she muttered as she carefully stepped closer to him.

Christophers muscles twitched. He shifted his body forward but kept his head down. He focused on the cracks running along the aged floor.

"Chris, how am I going to help you if you refuse to talk?" She pleaded with him as she took another step towards him.

You can't help me, nobody can, he thought. Through hooded eyes he watched Lily take a third step bringing her closer to his little corner.

"I know what you did. Melinda told me," she whispered.

He glared at her with black glistening eyes. He chewed his bottom lip and run his fingers through his hair. A heavy sigh escaped him as his shoulders slumped.

"Get up," she said.

Christopher didn't move an inch.

"I said, get up soldier," Lily repeated as she placed her hands on her hips.

Christophers fists clenched at his side, a warm sensation was bubbling in his veins.

Lily did a pirouette while she crouched low to the ground, kicked out her right leg and hooked it underneath his knees pulling him out of his little corner. The burn on his forearms and lower back as he was roughly yanked for a meter on the stone floor made Christopher grind his teeth.

"Get up," she said and towered over him, with her eyebrows raised and lips set in a thin line.

He spat at her combat boots.

She grabbed him by the nape of his neck and haled him flat on the wall. He landed on his left shoulder. He took a sharp breath as the sting of the impact registered on his body. His arm hang loose from its socket. Damn you Lily.

"You okay soldier," she provoked.

Christopher growled and started to make his way towards his prison cell corner.

"Not so fast Chris," she whispered and lunged at him. She threw in a mean right hook that got him on his dislocated shoulder.

A deafening scream escaped him as he crumbled to the floor holding on to his arm. His veins were popping out on his neck, his face turned crimson red as he curled his legs towards his chest.

"Are you ready to talk? I can make the pain go away in less than a second. Just say the word," she said and casually started pacing back and forth in the prison cell.

Christopher turned his head away from her and tried to concentrate on the square patterns on the ceiling.

Lily breathed loudly, "Alrighty then Mr. Tough Guy, it looks like I have a little bit more of convincing to do."

She crouched down to his level, a wicked smile starting to form on her lips, and with her thump started squeezing his dislocated shoulder.

"One word and this ends right now, I'll pop this sucker back in its place." She said sweetly.

"I.HATE.YOU." he screamed.

"Now, now that was rude if I may so myself," Lily said, "considering I'm the one that's going to make the pain go away."

She rushed to his side, pressed her leg on his chest, placed both hands on his left arm and shoved it forcefully back into its socket.

She sat up, "ready when you are."

_______
Hi loves,

What did you think of the chapter? Was Lily too harsh on Christopher?

Please comment and vote!!

❤️❤️❤️
Myro