Chapter Nine: The Answer

"Yeah I've heard of werewolves. But those are just myths." Jonah stated.

Torian shook his head, "Those are true."

"I don't believe you." Jonah said, folding his arms, feeling scared.

Torian sighed, "If I showed you, you have to promise me you won't tell anyone."

Jonah stood there, looking down at Torian, a thousand thoughts were going through his head. Torian might be the only answer to everything that was happening, he had nothing to lose.

"I promise."

Torian then got up from the couch, he stood there for a moment. Jonah held his breath, not expecting what he saw next.

Torian transformed before his eyes, his clothes ripped, and in a flash there sat a huge silver wolf. The exact one from his dreams.

"What the hell?" He choked staggering back.

The wolf didn't move, showing no signs of aggression. The wolf slowly made its way over to Jonah and stood still beside him.

Jonah got the impression that he had to pet the wolf. With a trembling hand he gently pet the head of the wolf. The fur was unbelievably soft.

He felt himself calm down, he sat on the floor next to the wolf stroking it's fur.

"I know I should be afraid, but I'm not for some reason." He said softly. Struggling to grasp what was going on.

"So you're the cause of my dream?" He asked, the wolf nodded.

"Weird, but I can handle that." He said, processing everything.

Werewolves did in fact, exist. He didn't know what to believe anymore. If werewolves were real, what else was?

Was lore something mankind couldn't grasp so they said it was made-believe?

He had so many questions. He turned to the wolf, "Can you turn back into a human? I have questions."

Torian stood there, naked. Jonah felt his cheeks burn.

"Shit, sorry." Torian said, frantic to cover himself.

He looked away, "It's fine, I have some clothes that are too big if you want to wear those."

He ran to his room, wanting to leave quickly.

He grabbed a shirt and some basketball shorts, his Great Aunt Martha had bought these guessing his size. She wasn't way off, but she wasn't accurate.

"H-Here." He mumbled, averting his eyes.

"Thanks." Torian said, putting the clothes on.

"So what were your questions?" Torian asked, his blue eyes shining.

"Well, what are the Corrupted?" He said, still embarrassed at what just happened.

"The Corrupted are cursed werewolves, the ones that have lost their sanity." Torian said quietly.

"So is that why they're fur is black and their eyes are red?" Jonah asked.

Torian nodded. "They can choose to be good, but they have to make the choice. As a good werewolf can turn into a Corrupted."

"Since you're good, do you have like a title?" He asked, finding this very interesting.

"I'm an Alpha. If that's what your asking." Torian said, a smirk on his breathtaking face.

"That's cool. So, are there other creatures from lore that exist?"

"Yes, there are." Torian said.

"Well like what? Are there vampires?" He guessed.

"Yeah, although werewolves are much more awesome." Torian said, rolling his eyes at the thought of vampires.

"I agree. Two more questions, why did you suddenly start talking to me?" He stared closely at Torian, waiting for the answer, standing directly in front of him.

"Well, uh, have you heard of mates?" Torian asked, fidgeting with his hands.

"Yeah, and?"

"You're my mate." Torian said softly, looking at Jonah.

"What? No, how? I'm not a werewolf." He asked, confused.

Torian stood there, smiling at him. "Yes you are my mate at least. Mates usually remain together for their entire lives. Werewolves can mate with humans, it's rare, but not impossible."

"Oh, so what exactly do mates do?" He said sheepishly.

"Well, they usually have a romantic relationship, and so forth. They're a couple, a team, and once the whole mating process is complete they're inseparable." Torian stated.

"Interesting. So you and I eventually will be like this?" He thought to himself, he was attracted to Torian, he was never expecting this.

"I hope so, and I wanted to say, I would never cheat on you, leave your side, or betray you in any way. I know my past is questionable, but I'm not like that, all I want is you." Torian said, walking closer to his mate.

"S-sorry I asked more than two questions." Jonah said trying to change the subject. He usually was pretty confident, but it wasn't until he met Torian he didn't know how to feel. He was shy, nervous, and he feared the unknown.

"It's fine. You're handling this really well." Torian said, looking slightly disappointed.

"Thanks I guess." Jonah said.

Torian's eyes bore into his, those blue orbs that he found fascinating.

"So, what now?"