Long

A/n: A sequel to Poison.

Comment and vote!

Love lots, -AV

It had been a long time coming. Over the past few years it seemed like everyone was moving forward in their lives. Kirstie and Jeremy had an adorable two year old daughter. Avi and Kevin were engaged and planning their wedding. They had just moved into their first house.

But Scott seemed as if he were stuck in this weird limbo.

He didn't complain about it. He'd never do that. But he looked at everyone with their relationships and their adult lives and longed for something permanent.

Now in his thirties, he had planned to be married, maybe a few adopted kiddos running around. Have a large house with a white picket fence just outside the city so he'd still be close to work but away from all the hustle and bustle.

It didn't happen that way. He was still living in a cheap efficiency apartment, eating takeout every night. Just waiting, counting down the long days until his someone would be with him again.

------------------------------------

It had been a long time coming. The past few years had drug on and on and it seemed as if it would never end for Mitch. Days stuck in a six by six cell that he shared with three other men. Nights spent cold and lonely on a cot that was too small even for his petite frame. At times it was unbearable.

Scott made it tolerable it though. Just like he'd promised, he'd been by nearly everyday. He'd make sure Mitch had money to purchase anything he wanted from the commissary. He'd bring him snacks and treats whenever allowed. He'd write letters that Mitch would pull out and read when things got bad.

Mitch would have never imagined he'd been sitting in an orange jumpsuit when he'd first met Scott. It had truly been love at first sight. And when that land mine detonated, and he thought for sure he'd lost him, it was nearly too much, but at that moment he knew he loved that blue-eyed boy. He spent the rest of that tour and he following months longing for the blonde beauty that he'd snuggled up against so many times.

He also never imagined Scott would be arresting him. Or that after he did that he would still want to be with Mitch. The fact that a federal agent wanted to date a convicted, imprisoned felon was unbelievable.

Mitch pulled out the small calendar that Scott got for him nearly four years ago. Back then the numbers had ready 1492. The number of days until his release. Today it says 1. 

------------------------------------

Scott sat in the waiting room, his leg bouncing nervously. He couldn't believe this day was here. He had been preparing for the past week for Mitch's release. Getting everything he thought his boyfriend might need or want after being locked up for five years.

The blonde had taken it upon himself to move all of Mitch's belongings from his apartment to Scott's as soon as the trial ended. Five years in jail with no way to pay rent was sure to cause an eviction notice to appear and Scott didn't want the brunette to lose all his things.

Everything was now set up in Scott's spare room which was officially becoming Mitch's bedroom. Though Scott hoping for sleeping arrangements Mitch would be with him in his bed. He didn't want to push it though. Now he just had to wait.

Mitch could not have been more excited. He had been waiting for nearly nine years to be with Scott again and it was finally happening.

Yes, he had seen quite a lot of Scott over the past four and half years. But it wasn't nearly enough. And as someone who thrived on physical affection, Mitch was desperate. He could not begin to describe the countless time he had sat across from Scott, glass window dividing them, and wanting nothing more than to have that man hold him. He craved it those strong arms.

Finally, the guard buzzed the door and it opened, to freedom but more importantly to Scott.

The blonde's head shot up and the sound, a smile breaking out on his face as he took in the appearance of the slim brunette.

Scott got the feel that Mitch liked extravagant clothing when he move all his things. Yet, for today Scott had brought him jeans and a plain black tee shirt with simple Converses. Mitch didn't really mind, anything was better than the orange potato sack he was used to.

The brunette nearly sprinted across the room, launching himself at his boyfriend and clinging to him like a koala. He breathed in his scent, still just as he had remembered it from so long ago. And he cried. Scott crud too, finally able to embrace the man he had been in love with for so long.

------------------------------------

It had been a long time coming for Mitch. Today would be the day he finally gets to hold his boyfriend again, after so long he world would finally be complete.

It had been a long time coming for Scott. Today would be the day he finally gets to hold his boyfriend again, after so long he can finally start his life.