vii. smile

❝I'm so happy i can share this happiness with you

❝I'm so happy i can share this happiness with you.❞  Red Velvet, Candy (사탕)

VII. SMILE

JUNG YERIN & HWANG EUNBI.

"so, uh, sorry for kissing you earlier." yerin apologized, flustered. "that's what i do to yewon if she's feeling a little bit depressed or to other people i'm close with. 'm sorry for making you uncomfortable." she looked so troubled while saying it and eunbi couldn't help but snort.

after a few minutes of hugging (and comforting) yerin pulled away and awkwardly patted eunbi's cheek and told her that she needed to wash up, face red, leaving a confused eunbi asking herself is her tears was that disgusting (or if her snot was at the shirt yerin was wearing - she panicked with that one.)

yerin walked out of the bathroom wearing some pajamas, helping her set the bed for two of them to sleep in and also assuring her that she didn't get any of her snot in her shirt much to her relief.

"it's fine." she waved her off and smiled. "i didn't feel uncomfortable at all. it was very comforting, my brother used to that to cheer me up or to say goodbye. i'm not entirely new to the gesture." she ended, letting her body fall to the right side of the bed, her arm hitting the wall.

"hmm." yerin hummed and pointed at the floor. "is it really okay to sleep at the same bed? the bed's going to be cramped. i can take the floor." yerin reasoned.

part of her wanted to be with eunbi at the same bed and some part of her is saying she's fucking straight. and the other saying 'gayyy' in a shrilly voice that sounded like yuju (she didn't even know why it sounded like her past cru - ANYWAY.)

"it's your bed, eonnie. we can share, you're so thin anyway, we'll fit."

"wait is that a compliment?" she asked before she can stop herself. eunbi laughed and answered.

"it is a compliment. you have a slim and sexy body and you have a beautiful face too! i mean, girls would kill to be you." eunbi rambled, amused at how yerin's cheeks turned red at the compliments.

"okay, stop! i'm sleeping!" yerin said loudly, lying down. "warning: i am a huge cuddler."

"oh! is that why you have so many pillows for one person?"

"i'm lonely at night!" yerin said defensively, pouting. eunbi found it cute (even though she won't admit it.) "anyway, it's late so i think we should sleep."

"okay."

"okay."

eunbi doesn't know what yerin whispered after she fell asleep.

and she probably won't know it forever.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬